156. lgbtq+ shadowhunters

summary
when alec is 18, he stumbles into a lgbtq support group. it's there he meets clary and simon, two 15-year-olds trying to figure themselves out

relationships
magnus bane x alec lightwood

cast

matthew daddario as alec lightwood

katherine mcnamara as clary fray

alberto rosende as simon lewis

your imagination as marvin

your imagination as sapphire

your imagination as elaine

david castro as raphael santiago

fandom
shadowhunters

(au in which there is no war. valentine is dead.)

-

Normally Alec wouldn't be out on patrol by himself. Normally, his sister Izzy or his brother and Parabatai Jace would be right beside him, messing around, teasing and laughing. But Izzy had come down with a rather spectacular case of Demon Pox and Jace had gotten injured by a demon on their last patrol and was still stuck in the infirmary. With no other available hunters to do the patrol with Alec, he just did it himself. It wasn't uncommon for Izzy or Jace to skip out on a patrol for a date or something, and Alec covered for them without fail. Because that's what a good brother does.

He's walking down a small side street a mile out of the institute when he first comes across the support group. He's been relieved by the night patrol team and was slowly making his way back towards the Institute when he saw the flag. Now, Alec wasn't such a Shadowhunter that he didn't know what a pride flag was, but he'd never seen one up close. He's looking at it, curiously glancing over the other flags he doesn't recognise when an older woman comes up to him.

"Are you coming in?" Alec startled, glancing wide eyed at her. She's got shoulder length blonde hair with pink highlights and green eyes, is probably about a decade older than Alec.

"I-I don't..."

"You don't have to talk." She assured Alec. "You can come in, sit, drink coffee and listen. You don't ever have to come back." Alec debates a moment, then nodded a little hesitantly. The woman grinned, pushing the door open. She led him down a corridor into a small gym like room that Alec recalled seeing once on a mission last year where a demon had possessed a high school student. Alec had gone in undercover, killed the demon and left quickly. In the middle of the room there was a circle of chairs that were half filled. There was a range of people there, from several younger teenagers to an elderly man. And Alec could also see through the glamour of some of them, seeing a Warlock, a Seelie and a vampire too. "Sit down."

"Hi, I'm Marvin." An older man, probably in his 30s, introduced himself as Alec slid into a seat, silently glad he'd glamoured his runes. Alec hesitated, not wanting to give his name in case somehow, angel forbid, it got back to his mother. "You can use a nickname if you prefer, or a fake name." Marvin offered, clearly sensing his hesitation.