98. the morningstars

summary
when castiel breaks away from his siblings to save the winchesters, he takes time away and visits his brother in la so he and dean can heal

romantic relationships
n/a

platonic relationships
dean winchester & castiel novak
lucifer morningstar & castiel novak

cast
misha collins as castiel novak
jensen ackles as dean winchester
tom ellis as lucifer morningstar
lesley-ann brandt as mazikeen smith

fandoms
lucifer
supernatural

When the Fallen Angel had left Kansas, it wasn't because of anything monumentally important. After the end of the war, when they had successfully put away Michael in the cage for his crazy wanting to destroy earth, Sam had taken Michael to hell himself, sending Dean on a downward spiral that was going to get him killed. The angel cared about his friend, so he got Dean into his impala and drove them across the country, to where he knew they could find a sembalance of peace and care. Only, Dean wasn't so keen.

"Why the hell are we going to LA?" Dean asked angrily, still pouting over the fact the angel was driving his baby, but truth was Dean was in no state to be driving, not with a fractured ankle in a boot, concussion and two fractured ribs. Honestly Cas wasn't in a much better state, with a fractured wrist, bruised spine and dislocated knee in a brace. But at least he could drive. It hurt like a son of a bitch though, and his back was pulled slightly away from the back of the seat.

"Dean." Cas shot him a sideways glare, the hunter getting on his nerves as they passed the 'Welcome to Los Angeles' sign. "I told you. I have a brother that lives in LA. He has agreed to let us stay with him while you recover."

"And who is this brother?" Dean asked and Cas let out a breath.

"Lucifer." Silence, then-

"Are you out of your goddamn mind!" Dean exploded, glaring hard at the fallen angel. "We just threw his older brother in the fucking cage and you want to go and stay with him!" Anger coursed through Cas, and he pulled over before turning to glare at the hunter.

"I know you're hurting." Cas shouted, finally snapping, silencing the human. "I know loosing Sam is killing you. And right now the last fucking place you want to be is at the home of the brother of the archangel who did this to you. But he is my brother, Dean, and he unlike his brother, actually gives a shit about me and mine. So i'm going to LA to stay with my brother and you don't have to stay, but that's not my fucking problem." Cas slumped back in his seat, rubbing his un-casted hand over his face and glanced over at the hunter, who seemed to have been shocked into silence. Cas put the car back into drive, and pulled back onto the road.

They arrived outside Lucifer's club 'LUX' just after noon, the outside of the club thankfully empty. Dean was still sulking in the passenger seat, but Cas paid him no mind and climbed out of the car and headed inside the club, shaking his head with a small smile at Dean's cursing and grumbling. Inside the club Cas wasn't surprised to find it empty, aside from Lucifer's demon bartender Mazikeen. A knife whipped towards him, but Cas just grabbed it with his uninjured wrist and rolled his eyes.

"Ah, if it isn't little Cassie." Maze grinned, always happy to see the angel. "Here to punch me in the face again?"

"Nice to see you too Maze." Cas handed her back the knife. "And not this time."