86. trust issues

summary
when tony finds himself unable to trust his team to watch is six, he contacts an old friend who's been offering him a job for years

relationships
tony dinozzo x jack o'neill

cast
tony dinozzo
leroy jethro gibbs 
ziva david
tim mcgee
abby scuito
jimmy palmer
ducky mallard
jack o'neill
tom morrow

fandoms
stargate franchise
ncis

Tony isn't sure when it started, but what he does know is that Ziva hates him and McGee doesn't particularly enjoy his company either. He's all full of snark, movie quotes and 'tales of beautiful woman - and men after the DADT is abolished in 2011' which are actually modified stories of his Air Force Major General boyfriend he's keeping on the down low, his idea not the Generals. Gibbs had noticed the behaviour of his other agents to his SFA, but hadn't been able to pin anything solid on his team as they always acted normally to Tony when Gibbs, Abby, Ducky or Vance were in the vicinity. Gibbs could see it was fucking with his SFA's mind.

The first time he notices something's off is when Gibbs goes off to Mexico. According to Jenny he'd done a fine job leading the team but Tim and Ziva had given him a run for his money, not working the correct hours and leaving paperwork unfinished. Tony worked himself past exhaustion some weeks, getting the case done with or without the help of his agents. When he'd hired his probie, she's helped so much better than the other two had and tended to stick close to Tony - the two of them bonding over their secret PhD's, criminology and criminal law respectively - while letting Tim and Ziva do whatever they wanted because he just couldn't care anymore.

Gibbs came back, Lee went back to the legal department and the team went back to how it was before with only one minor detail - Tony didn't think he could trust his team. It took years before he was proved right, long after Shepard had been killed and Vance had taken over. It was shortly after Gibbs re-assembled his team - much to Abby's happiness - that an incident Tony couldn't over look stumbled into their laps.

Tony was out talking to witnesses while Gibbs was inside working the crime scene and he'd called to Tim and Ziva he was going to ask the neighbours if they'd heard anything before heading off towards the house opposite, and he should've trusted his gut because the next thing he knew he was being tackled to the ground and his leg twisted at just the wrong angle. He'd managed not to cry out in pain as not to alert his attacker, and successfully rolled them over and punched the guy in the face, stunning him long enough to get the guy cuffed before looking around him, only to realise with a start Tim and Ziva were nowhere in sight and the second car was long gone. Instead Tony pulled out his phone and called Gibbs, knowing the man was still inside the house across the street and he was in no condition to drag a resisting suspect across the street.

"Hey Boss." Tony still had the attacker pinned, though it was becoming harder and harder to keep him down with the pain increasing in his knee. "I'm across the street, i got jumped by some jackass and could do with some backup."

"Where's Ziva and McGee?" Tony can practically hear Gibbs frown and Tony shrugged as he saw his Boss exit the home.

"Beats me. But hurry." Gibbs ends the call and jogs across the street, grabbing the guy and pulling him up to his feet while Tony stayed down, pain lancing up his leg with every movement. The guy seemed to be spouting nonsense, so Gibbs decided to take him back to the Navy Yard to question him.