97. the art gallery

summary
in which clary is a famous mundane painter, and she invites her shadowhunter family to an opening

relationships
maryse lightwood x robert lightwood
alec lightwood x magnus bane

cast
katherine mcnamara as clary fray
alberto rosende as simon lewis
matthew daddario as alec lightwood
harry shum jr as magnus bane
isaiah mustafa as luke garroway
david castro as raphael santiago
dominic sherwood as jace wayland
emeraude toubia as izzy lightwood
jack fulton as max lightwood
jamie chung as lily chen
alisha wainwright as maia roberts
kevin alves as bat valasquez

fandom
shadowhunters

Clary knocked on the door to the Head of the New York institutes office, slightly uneasy. Earlier in the evening Clary had gotten a call from an art gallery in Manhattan that wanted to display some of her new pieces of work she had sent pictures of a few weeks before.

"Come in!" Alec called, and Clary entered the office with a pile of tickets they'd emailed her. It had taken almost an hour to find a printer.

"Hey Alec." Clary smiled, but it was uneasy when she saw that Maryse and Robert were sitting with him on the couches. "Oh sorry, I didn't mean to intrude." Clary stopped when Alec shook his head.

"Everything alright Clary?" Alec asked her and she nodded.

"I actually wanted to give you something. All of you actually." She handed Alec six tickets, nervously messing with her hands. "I'm displaying some of my recent art at a gallery in Manhattan tomorrow night and I was hoping you would come. There's one for Magnus there as well."

"Thanks Clary." Alec smiled at her. "I'll be sure to make an appearance." She out a breath of relief, smiling back at Alec.

"You want us there?" Robert asked, making sure he'd heard the Fray girl correctly.

"Ever since my mother died you guys have been kind enough to let me stay with you guys. You've helped me learn and train, so yes, I'd like both of you to be there." Clary nodded.

"We'll be there." Maryse nodded and Clary smiled gratefully.

"Thanks'. I really appreciate it."

Clary stood in front of her full body mirror, flattening down her dress nervously. She'd been up at the gallery earlier that day with Alec who had offered to help her bring all of her paintings down. She'd been grateful for his help, but Clary had make him swear not to look at any of the paintings since nobody but she knew what was on the canvases and she wanted to keep it that way.

The Gallery was filled with rich people with deep pockets by the time Clary arrived with Jace and Simon, the two boys on either arm. Behind her she knew Izzy was with Maia and Alec was with Magnus. She was also aware Luke was somewhere with Maryse and Robert was with Marie Highsmith, but that wasn't particularly on her mind right now.

"So where is this exhibition?" Magnus asked Clary.

"It's this way." Clary lead them through the gallery, not bothering to stop and look at the other art right now.