131. undercover - cm

summary
imagine spencer had an undercover past with ian doyle and emily prentiss

relationships
ian doyle x miles tanner x lauren reynolds(past)
emily prentiss x spencer reid

cast
paget brewster as special agent emily prentiss
matthew gray gubler as special agent spencer reid
timothy v murphy as ian doyle
thomas gibson as special agent in charge aaron hotchner
shemar moore as special agent derek morgan
joe mantegna as special agent david rossi

fandom
criminal minds

A young man was seated at the bar, his short light-brown hair styled as he would have any other day and glasses instead of contacts, but his clothes were different. He wore black jeans, a blue shirt, black biker boots and there was a leather jacket draped over the back of the bar stool he was sitting on. Normally, this man would look out of place and uncomfortable in these clothes, but looked completely in his element. He'd been there for several hours, flicking the pages of a romance novel and nursing a brandy when a man with not much hair and bright blue eyes sat to his left, ordering himself a bourbon before settling into his seat comfortably.

"You Miles Tanner?" The blue-eyed man asked, not looking at the brown haired man.

"That would be me." Miles Tanner agreed, placing a bookmark in the page and closing the book, making it seem like he was actually reading it. "How can i help Ian Doyle today?"

"So you know who i am?" Ian asked casually, peeking a glance at the man beside him. Miles looked totally casual as he threw back his drink, placing the now empty glass on the bar.

"Everyone knows you, Mr Doyle." Miles nodded with an eye roll.

"I was told from a trustworthy source you're a high-level arms dealer. How come i haven't heard of you before now? And how come all i had was a few vague descriptions."

"Now, Mr Doyle." Miles finally made eye contact with Ian, smiling. "All men have their secrets."

"Does that include your age?" Ian smirked.

"I'm older than i look, Mr Doyle." Miles mused, grinning as he eyed the man in front of him. Ian just returned the gesture, drinking his bourbon slowly.

8 YEARS LATER...

"Spencer, he's back." Reid froze, hands freezing on the keyboard he'd bought after the last case, as Emily stepped up behind him and placed a hand on his shoulder soothingly. A silver ring caught off the light on her ring finger, one that matched the one on Spencer's own ring finger.