99. paralysis

summary
in the new galaxy, with control of when destiny jumps in and out of ftl, eli gets stuck under rubble

relationships
matthew scott x chloe armstrong x eli wallace

cast
david blue as eli wallace
alania huffman as tamara johansen
louis ferreria as everett young
brian j smith as matthew scott
jamil walker smith as ronald greer

fandom
stargate universe

"Eli!" Greer called down the tunnel to where the young mathematician was. "You almost finished there?"

"Almost." Eli called back distractedly. The Kino was moving through the ruins, which they found to only be a few tunnels underneath the ruined village near the gate. "Just 5 more minutes!"

"You said that an hour ago, Eli." Greer reminded him. "Lets pack it up! Rush wants to get out of this system today." They'd been here almost a week, and understandably they wanted to get moving.

"Finished." Eli had been working all week to copy down the math while Chloe had been getting a rudamentory understanding of the language so they could decifer it.

"Alright lets get outta here-" Greer cut himself off at the in-the-distance rumble he recognised as an explosion, and ducked when they started going off faster and louder. "Eli we gotta get outta here now!"

"Coming." Eli scrambled for his things, but it was too late. A final explosion went off barely 4 feet from the underground ruins, and they caved in before Eli made it all the way out.

"Eli!" Greer shouted once the dust cleared, scrambling to his feet even though his lungs burned and he was pretty sure he was cut and burned all over. The ground had fallen in, and the entrance was completely covered in rubble. He reached for his radio rather frantically, wheezing. "This is Greer, i need help over here now!"

"Greer what's your position?" Young's voice came back over the radio, and Greer distantly remembered the gate had been active. "We lost contact with Scott's team."

"I'm at the entrance to the ruins sir. He tried to get out, but the last explosion caved the entire thing in."

"Who tried, Greer?"

On the Destiny, there was a moment of silence as Rush, Young and Volker stood around the console, waiting to hear about the potential casualty.

"It's Eli, sir." Greer's voice came over the radio, sounding scratchy and a little scared if they were being honest. "He was a few meters from the entrance of the ruins when the last explosion went off sir. I don't know if he's still alive."

Eli jerked awake, but only his head, upper body and left arm moved. He moaned in pain, letting out a hacking cough when he tried to breathe in that resulted in pain streaking across his abdomen and dust filling his lungs. Trying not to panic, Eli felt around for the flashlight he knew he had and sighed in relief when he found it. Clicking it on revealed a small enclosed area, and from what Eli could tell his legs were stuck under the rubble and his left arm was pinned at the shoulder by a large piece of debris. He then noticed the faint ringing in his ears, and then noticed the radio on his vest was still working.

"...ou hear me? Eli!"

"Greer?"

"Oh thank christ." Greer sounded relieved through the crackle of the interference. "Eli are you alright? How you doing?"