49. the master of death

summary
in which the master of death crosses paths with stiles stilinski, a seventeen-year-old who can see through the veil

relationships
allison argent x stiles stilinski
magnus bane x alexander lightwood

cast
dylan o'brien as stiles stilinski
matthew daddario as alexander lightwood, the master of death
harry shum jr as magnus bane
emeraude toubia as izzy lightwood

fandoms

teen wolf

shadowhunters

(this is a soulmate!au)

Growing up with the ability to see those who haven't yet moved on to the afterlife kind of made Stiles Stilinski's life a little complicated. For a while kids at school believed Stiles to be crazy when he would be seen animatedly talking to nobody. When Stiles became friends with Scott, they became inseparable and Scott believed that Stiles could talk to ghosts.

When he first met Derek Hale at 16, he knew all about him from Laura Hale, who kept Stiles company through the whole of his 16th year until he helped her find peace and move on. After that his life was relatively normal - apart from the supernatural crap they'd gotten themselves into. When Allison died however, Stiles told Scott, Chris and Isaac she'd peacefully moved onto the afterlife to put their minds at ease, even though it pained him greatly to lie, when in reality the Argent girl hadn't found peace yet. Stiles was only partially grateful for that, since Allison was in fact his soulmate and it made the whole dying thing ten times more difficult for Stiles because he could still see her and talk to her, but he couldn't touch her or feel her presence anymore. In fact, it was Allison who warned Stiles about the chatter in the spiritual plain about a new master of death being plucked from the shadow world domain and is heading to Beacon Hills in search of the psychic.

Alexander Lightwood grew up as a shadowhunter. Within the shadow world there is a rumor that a new master of death is being selected and it was only a matter of time before it became known to the shadow world who the new master was going to be. Alec was 22 years old when he was selected.

A searing pain burned across Alec's entire body, causing him to stop mid-sentence and a grimace to cross his features.

"Alec?" Izzy said in worry, stepping closer to her brother. Izzy quickly sends away the shadowhunters on their missions, sending one of them to find Jace before looking back at her brother.

"Somethings- ah- something's wrong." Alec's knees give out then, sending him crashing to his knees with his arms braced on the briefing table as the pain overwhelms him. "Oh shit." Alec gasps for breath, feeling every inch of his skin burning, none more than his arm and wrist.

"What the hell?" Izzy stared at her brother before darting forward, gripping his bicep and helping him to his feet. "We need to get you out of here now Alec. Before someone see's you."

"What- what's going on Iz?" Alec manages to get out between grunts of pain and Izzy grimaces, helping her brother out the front door's of the insitute while pulling her phone from her jeans.

"Magnus!" Izzy exclaims when the warlock answers. "Magnus I need a portal to your apartment now!"

"What's going on darling?" Magnus immediately asked, not waiting a minute before a portal opens in front of the lightwood siblings. Izzy doesn't answer and is quick to drag her brother through the portal, both of them hitting the wooden floor of the apartment when they come through. Alec lets out an ear-piercing scream, his body locking up at the pain that rips through his head. Izzy scrambled to her feet as Magnus entered the apartment just behind them and grabbed Izzy, only sparing a quick glance to his boyfriend.