79. it's complicated

summary
in which stiles falls in love with derek hale, but its entirely complicated

relationships
stiles stilinski x derek hale(eventually)
lydia martin x kira yukimura
scott mccall x malia tate

cast
lindsay shaw as stiles stilinski
tyler hoechlin as derek hale
tyler posey as scott mccall
holland roden as lydia martin
arden cho as kira yukimura
shelley hennig as malia tate
ian bohen as peter hale
linden ashby as noah stilinski

fandoms

teen wolf

Growing up Stiles Stilinski wasn't particularly popular. She wasn't on any sports teams, she rambled and stuttered when she was nervous and only ever hung around her best friend Scott, a boy she defended in the 3rd grade and then became inseparable with.

But when Scott was bitten by Peter Hale and the two best friends were dragged into the supernatural world and then soon after her own power manifested, the ability to manipulate energy and manifest it into magic that relied on her hands and mind. But of course, when Stiles was 17 years old she fell in love with broody, sour, and overwhelmingly dickish Derek Hale she knew it would be hard to get out of this one.

"Scotty! You have to help me!" Stiles whined, laying across the McCall boy's bed with her head hanging off the edge so she was looking upside down with her brown hair falling to the ground.

"I'm studying Stiles." Scott replied in frustration. "We have final exams in a week and i really want to pass them."

"How did you do it?" Stiles suddenly asked, resting her ringed fingers on her stomach.

"Do what?" Scott gave up on studying, swirling around in his desk chair to look at his best friend. Stiles rolled over so she was sitting upright, looking at Scott.

"How did you tell Malia how you felt?" Stiles clarified and grinned as a blush covered his cheeks at the mention of his girlfriend.

"Well, you dated her too." Scott deflected and Stiles grinned wolfishly, twisting her fingers in a practised way so her forest green magic swirled around her fingers. "She makes it clear how she feels, Stiles. Unfortunately, Derek's gonna be a tougher nut to crack." Stiles stared at Scott for a minute.

"I'm not very good at... expressing my feelings." Stiles murmured. Scott snorted.

"Way to state the obvious Stilinski." Stiles flicked her fingers only half threateningly, glowering at Scott.

"Thanks for the advice." Stiles deadpanned, grabbing her physics textbook and dragging it in front of her and flicking the book open.

"Listen." Scott sighed, rolling his eyes when she ignored him. "It's hard to tell how Derek feels about anyone. But one thing i do know, is that he's slightly gentler with you than anyone else he knows." Stiles didn't look away from her textbook, but Scott saw her bite her lip. "Just think about that before you give up completely."

It wasn't until after graduation that Stiles even saw Derek again. Lydia had thrown one of her famous parties for their graduation and had invited the entire senior class, as well as the minors in the pack and Derek. Stiles found herself sitting on the kitchen island with a red solo cup between her fingers and just watching the seniors dancing in the living room. Her eyes scanned the room, catching Lydia's bright red hair contrasting with her girlfriends black hair as they danced together, then on Scott and Malia seated on one of the sofa's practically on top of each other sucking face. Stiles grimaced and pulled her gaze away, only to jerk in surprise as someone cleared their throat behind her.

"What are you doing sitting there?" Derek Hale asked, obviously not missing the way Stiles breath caught in her throat.

"Well, seeing as i am pathetically single," Stiles began, reaching back and grabbing the bottle of vodka she'd been drinking and setting it down beside her thigh, "i'm getting drunk and watching my best friends get laid." Stiles made a sarcastic 'wooing' sound before finishing the remainder of her drink with a grimace of disgust. Derek didn't take his eyes off the Stilinski girl, merely observing the flush in her cheeks from the alcohol. "Lets not forget about the best part right now though, i just found out i'm immortal."

"What?" Derek asked in surprise, eyes snapping up to meet Stiles. Her glamour had fallen, letting the orange cat eyes glow in the dim kitchen light.

"Yeah." Stiles mumbled, taking a long gulp of the vodka after chucking the red solo cup elsewhere, not even wincing at the bitter taste in her mouth. "Due to the demon blood running through my veins an unfortunate side effect is immortality. Derek, i'm never going to grow old, and i can never have my own children."

"Oh." Is all Derek replied with and Stiles scoffed, jumping down from the counter on unstable legs.

"I'll be outside."

Stiles leant against her jeep, head spinning from the alcohol. The air around her was warm, as it should be considering it was the middle of the summer.

"Stiles." She rolled her eyes as Derek came up to her again, worry on his face. "I'm worried about you."

"Since when?" Stiles scoffed. "All you've ever done is threaten me, growl at me and pick my brain for my knowledge then cast me aside like i'm some weak human. And to think i actually liked you." Stiles crossed her arms over her chest, turning away from the older werewolf.

"I thought that if i was mean to you it would stop me from developing feelings for you." Derek confessed, Stiles freezing. "But it didn't. And i couldn't just stop being rude to you because it would arouse suspicion and that's the last thing we need right now."

"You have feelings for me?" Stiles whispered, knowing Derek's sensitive hearing would pick it up.

"I'd be an idiot not too." Derek admitted. "But it's not like i could actually say anything Stiles. You were a minor, and your dad would kill me." Stiles snorted, nodding her head in agreement.

"Can you take me home?" Stiles asked and Derek raised an eyebrow. Stiles blushed violently when she realised how that sounded. "I didn't- i mean't- stop laughing." She whined, glaring at Derek.

"Get in the damn car Stilinski." Derek grinned, gesturing to his favoured black Camaro. "I'll drive you back out to pick up your jeep tomorrow."

"My knight in shining armor." Stiles fake-swooned, swaying slightly on her feet as the alcohol numbs her slightly. "Oh wow. Vodka works fast."

"Isn't that why you drank it?"

"True." Stiles admitted, letting Derek lead her to his car. "Derek?"

"What, Stiles?"

"I can't feel my legs." Derek paused, staring at the younger girl who was grinning, and couldn't help but return the smile.

"The minute i know you're going to remember this, i will kiss you."

3 days later, Stiles opened her bedroom door to find Derek standing there.

"Hello." Stiles blinked, but wasn't stupid enough not to invite him in and close the door behind him. "So what brings you by?"

"This." And without any further warning Derek placed both hands on her face and kissed her. She returned it enthusiastically, one hand grabbing onto his hip and the other around his neck and yanking them closer until they were flush against each other. Stiles didn't stop the stuttered gasps from escaping her, nor did she stop him as he shed her of her top, then skirt, then she yanked off his top and jeans, and i think you know where it goes from there...

authors note
this is just how sterek goes yo