First Day at Raimon

The inside was hardly visible from the doorway. It was dark, only faintly illuminated by the light from the other side of the tinted glass windows. She wasn't religious, but she knew that cathedrals weren't supposed to feel this cold.

The man she came with held his cloak tightly. He made his way to the pedestal and kneeled.

"The time has come. It doesn't matter if it leads to the destruction of my own self. For what I believe in, I offer everything I have."

A priest was beside him, looking quite unsure. "Everything you have... Is your wish that important to you?"

"Yes." His voice remained clear even if his expression was not. "This wish cannot be granted unless I am willing to risk any sacrifice."

"I see. So, you take it as your divine will." The priest turned towards the pedestal, his back facing the man. "Then declare this wish of yours."

The man stood up, his face only half covered in the shadow of his cloak. "I... will control soccer!"

That happened just over two years ago. She would be lying if she said things worked out for the best.

"Is that all you've got?"

In fact, things could not have gone worse. Her friend had single handedly destroyed the soccer club's second team, all with just one shot. She bit her lip as she looked around. None of them could move.

She pulled her hoodie down her eyes, not liking the sight one bit.

"What is going on?!" Two adults made their way to the field. The first was a man with a rather strong presence, while the other was tailing him with a nervous expression. The one who spoke was the latter.

The boy beside her sneered at them, one hand in his pocket. "I've destroyed Raimon's soccer club."

"Do you think you can get away with this?" The nervous one asked again. "Tell us your name and class!"

He mocked them with a huff. "Wouldn't know. Today's my first day."

"New students?" The other man finally spoke, his gaze landing on her.

She shook her head, her head gesturing back to her friend. "Just him."

"I see. Then, your name?"

"Tsurugi Kyousuke." Tsurugi turned to face him properly at last. "So, you're Coach Kudou?"

The man didn't reply. Instead, he asked back. "You've destroyed the soccer club?"

"Yeah. Soccer's useless, don't you think? It's a waste of time―"

"Coach Kudou!" She spotted a blue haired woman running over to them, pointing a glare at her friend. "What makes you think you can just start a fight here?!"

"Fight?" He turned to a white-haired boy sprawled on the ground behind him. He wore a green captain's mark on his upper arm on top of the white and yellow soccer uniform. "Did I do any fighting here? Hm?"

"This guy never used his fists." He struggled to even point a look at the ball in front of him. "All he used was that one soccer ball, and he..."

"No way..."

"It's true... That ball he kicked..."

"All it took was one guy to finish all of us."

"Why..."

The white-haired boy frowned at the state his teammates were in before glaring up at their attacker. "Why are you doing this?!"

"No one needs soccer, so I'm going to destroy it." He stated. "Starting from today the soccer club is disbanded."