Return of the Raimon Soccer Club

When they arrived at their present time, Fei informed them that it was the afternoon, just over a week since they left. After Wondeba parked the caravan beneath the bridge, they headed up the stairs leading to the club building.

"Do you think everyone is back to normal?" Tenma asked.

"They should be." Fei replied.

"This is a bit nerve-wracking." Aoi muttered.

"Seeing how ticked Beta seemed when you guys surrounded her, I think it should be fine." Kimiko stated.

"The only way to find out is to head in and see." Shindou opened the doors to the locker room.

"Oh, you're back." Kurumada was the first to greet them.

"Hey, the juniors shouldn't be keeping their seniors waiting." Sangoku said as he bounced a ball on his knee.

Amagi was smiling beside him. "That's right."

"They're back to normal!" Tenma cheered, walking in. "Thank goodness!"

Kimiko smiled. "Remind me to bring all the goodies tomorrow."

"Are you all okay now?" Shinsuke asked.

The older goalkeeper gave a nod. "Yeah. I did feel as if something was wrong, but everything's okay now."

"Yeah, right now, I feel pretty fine." Kurumada added in.

"My heart feels so serene." Hayami smiled.

"You guys were under mind control, but now you're free of it since we beat Beta." Shindou explained.

"I wasn't even aware of that." Hamano said with his usual laid back tone.

"Anyway, for the present, things are how it should be!" Midori's attempt at lifting the mood back up was crushed by Tsurugi's next words.

"No. We're still missing Coach Endou, and Daisuke-san isn't back to normal yet."

"In order to restore everything to the way it was, we need the strongest eleven in history." Wondeba reminded.

"Now, hold on." Nishiki went up behind Ichino and Aoyama and grabbed them by their shoulders. "At least take a moment to be happy that the soccer club is back."

"That's right, Tenma!" Shinsuke said, turning to the brunette. "You ought to say something as our captain!"

"Eh?!" He seemed like he was about to protest, but seeing the looks they gave him, he gave in and went to the center of the room. "Okay then... I ask all of you. Do you like soccer?!"

"Yeah!"

They all pumped their fists into the air, smiling wide. Almost everything was as it should be.

Almost.

"It's been a while, so why don't we all go practice?" Tenma suddenly suggested.

"Good idea!" Shinsuke said, grabbing the ball out of his hands. "Let's do it!"

"Wait, Tenma! Soccer is still banned!" Hikaru reminded.

"Oh, that's right..."

"Gouenji-san is helping us to delay the school from demolishing the soccer building, at least." Nishiki said. "They won't find us out easily in here."

"Hmm... I guess that's true."

"We have about a month to assemble the strongest eleven in history..." Kimiko muttered under her breath, letting only her best friend hear.

"We already spent over a week in the Sengoku Era, so we need to speed things up." He replied in a similar tone. "Hopefully, we won't have to be at a different time period for every single one."