The Final Time Jump

"I'll be sending everyone back to their own time periods now." Fei said. Behind him and Wondeba were Kinako, Torb, and Zanark.

By the time they got back from their match with the Raimon of ten years ago, with the addition of travelling to all the time periods they had visited to inform their friends of their success, the sun was already setting. They had collected more souvenirs and Akane even took pictures. But best of all, they got to play soccer with them one last time before really saying goodbye.

Tenma nodded. "I had a lot of fun getting to play soccer with you guys on this journey."

"I thought you'd say that." Zanark smirked. "The feeling is mutual."

"But it's sad that we have to go our different ways." Kinako said, tears gathered in the corner of her eyes. She held a ball that was signed by every single member of the club.

Torb had the same expression. "There's water coming out of my nose..."

"I'm sad too..."

"Take care, guys."

"We will never forget you."

"Thanks." Fei smiled. "I won't forget you guys either."

"Then, all that's left is..." Wondeba muttered to himself, looking around.

He blinked. Isn't this everyone? Who else is going to―

Suddenly, a certain blonde appeared, carrying two duffel bags.

"Hey, everyone." She greeted.

"Eh? Kimiko?" Tenma beat him to the question. "Are you..."

She smiled. "I'm sorry. I know this is sudden, but I'm going with them."

And just as suddenly, it felt like the whole world was crashing down.

"But why?" Aoi asked.

"The scientists there need to keep observing me for a while to make sure the new vaccine would really work." She exchanged nods with her brother and cousin, who had already arrived at the school before she did. "Masato-nii and Shuuya-nii explained everything to my family already. Time-travel and my origins included. I'll be staying at El Dorado for a while."

"How long is 'a while'?" Shinsuke asked.

"Probably until the vaccine's done." Taiyou stated.

Kirino nodded. "So we should see you again in a few months, right?"

She chuckled, but she didn't answer the question. No one pressed either, meaning they must've thought her smile was a 'yes'. But it wasn't. He knew it wasn't.

This was goodbye.

Hey, come on. Don't make such a scary face.

His head snapped up at her, narrowing his eyes further. Who's fault is it that I'm making this face in the first place?

But she only kept her smile up, bumping her fist to his shoulder. "Thank you, Kyousuke. For supporting me this far and trusting me." She winked playfully. "Don't you dare forget me, alright?"

He grunted. "I won't. After all, there's still that combo hissatsu we wanted to make but never got around to."

Her eyes widened slightly, and in a split-second, he saw her smile falter. But it was back as soon as it was gone. "Right!"

"Kiko. We're going." Zanark called as he was already by the door of the time machine.

"It's not―! You know what? I'll just take it as a second nickname." She sighed before turning back to them. "Well, you heard him. Bye-bye, everyone."