Faram Orbius IX

"Only a few more minutes remain in the last battle of Grand Celesta Galaxy!"

Tsurugi had the ball, and he got through both Manabe and Tenma to reach the goal. A bright light engulfed him as he ran closer and closer, before a large wolf appeared in his place. He jumped high with the ball, spinning around it and infusing it with energy as he sent it towards the goal. Shinsuke's own power lost to his.

3-3.

Ookami... Kimiko had a conflicting look as she watched him return to his position with a smirk. Of course the bastard's proud of himself...

She should be too. She should be proud of him for finally unlocking his Soul, and she was also very curious to see what a combination of all of his spiritual abilities would look like, but for whatever reason... She bit her lip, holding back her powers from surging.

The last time she felt like this was when watching Raimon's match against Zero.

Breathe... Breathe... You can't lose control. Not here, not now. She couldn't afford to get caught because of her stupid jealousy again. And last time, it was Senguuji Daigo... If Ozrock saw... Who knows how much worse he could be?

~~~~~

The next round started with Earth Eleven's kickoff.

After a couple of passes, Tsurugi was able to get the ball just as it reached Tenma. But the brunette ran after him, glowing in a similar light he did just moments before. With his dribbling skills, he was able to take the ball back, and with Matatagi right behind him, he transformed into a horse, both charging through the defense.

"Go, Matatagi!"

"Okay!" The striker jumped high as his own light surrounded him. A blue falcon took his place as it grabbed the ball with his talons and sent it towards the goal, their keeper unable to stop it.

4-3. Earth's win.

Ah, well... He let out all his disappointment in a single sigh before letting out a smile.

"Yay! The match is over! The Grand Celesta Galaxy finals! The winner of this fierce fight is Earth Eleven! Congratulations!"

As one half of the field celebrated, the other half was in despair. It was to be expected, after all...

"We lost..."

"This is disappointing. As disappointing as a flower bud that's been snapped off before it could bloom."

Even so... "We did lose this match. But compared to winning and losing, what we've gained from it is far more priceless."

"Priceless..."

Lessons are one thing, but also... Letting his eyes finally wander freely, he found his friend staring down at him from the bleachers above his team's goal post. She gave a single nod, and he returned it. She started making her way down the steps.

Suddenly, the main monitor changed.

(How many times has it been today?)

It showed a girl about Lalaya's height, clad in white and green. She was standing on top of the VIP box that was across the queen's too. "Faram Orbius and all the people of the galaxy. Please listen. This battle was to determine who won the championship of Grand Celesta Galaxy, but it also had another, very important role."

That's Princess Katora, by the way.

Yeah, I kind of guessed.

"That role is to save us from the impending danger of the galaxy. With the knowledge passed down from our planet Kiel, we have created the Cosmic Plasma Photon Beam powerful enough to extinguish black holes. By filling it with Life Energy that was created by all of you during this match, we have gained the power to clear the dark clouds that cover the sky. Here and now, the entire galaxy can be saved!"