Reaching the End

Kimiko watched from the balcony as, as all second halves go, they switched their sides of the field. Now, Inazuma Japan was on the side furthest from her, meaning that Storm Wolf was the one right below her.

Meaning if Kyousuke gets to do more shots, I can see it up close like a front row seat!

It had been a long time since she last saw him play up close. Even in the previous match, when she went to scout their progress with Hakuryuu, because they were late, they only saw the last part of the match, so she felt that it simply wasn't enough. Seeing his newest hissatsu fly past her during their face-off gave her chills, and she wanted to experience that again.

"Guys, let's start by taking back a point first!" Tenma called.

"Yeah!"

She smiled at the sight. "You can do it, guys!"

~~~~~

As soon as the kickoff, Storm Wolf's entire team began to move in different directions. They used their pass work and dribbling skills to get through them almost immediately.

They started playing seriously, huh?

"Alright, let's work with each other!" Tenma called. "Steal the ball, and bring it up through passing!"

Manabe and Minaho made a point to work together to steal the ball, but they got through with Silk Road. Getting past Tetsukado, they used a power shot, but it was just barely stopped by Ibuki's bare hands. And their attacks just kept on coming.

Shindou was able to steal it back for a moment, but the enemy captain immediately took it back. After a few rounds of clashes, Storm Wolf took their next point with a feint.

"It's still a 2-point difference! We're just warming up!" Tenma kept up with his encouragement as usual, but none of the others seemed to buy it. "It's okay! A chance will come to us if we don't give up trying!"

"But we can't even touch the ball..." Matatagi said.

"I'd hate to lose, but we've done our best." Tetsukado added. "We've made it this far. No one will look down on us for it."

... There is someone. Tsurugi didn't need to look back to know his friend was boring holes through them with her stare.

"No! I don't want us to lose like this! I won't give up!"

"But captain..."

"I understand how you feel, but some people are just better than others." Minaho stated. "That's reality."

"I don't want to calculate it, but the probability of us winning is a low percentage." Manabe said.

"Does that give us an excuse to give up?! We won't know how it will turn out until we've fought to the last second! I won't give up! Because... I don't want this to be our last match!"

"The... last match...?"

"I see... You're right." Minaho said with wide eyes. "If we lose this match, there will be no need for Inazuma Japan anymore. Coach will grant us our contract terms and we'll all go our separate ways..."

"Does it matter, really? Even if we lose, we'll get what we want in our contracts." Matatagi said.

"I know that!" Kusaka yelled. "I know that, but I just can't let it end like this! Joining this team helped me to face myself for the first time in my life. By meeting the captain and playing soccer with everyone... I don't know if it was really because of soccer or not... But if I stop here, I'll lose something... I feel as if there's still something left for us to do!"