Photos

Tenma woke up to his alarm and went on his daily routine. Showered, brushed his teeth, had breakfast with his Aki-nee and the others living in the apartment, greeted his dog, and met Shinsuke and Aoi right by the gates. They talked about a number of things on their way, but stopped right before they got to the station.

A certain navy haired boy was there, staring up at the train that had just arrived.

"Tsurugi must really miss Kimiko..." Shinsuke muttered.

Aoi nodded. "It's been a month already, but he still comes here everyday and waits for her..."

The brunette frowned, feeling bad for his friend, but he slapped his cheeks lightly before shaking his head. "It'll be fine! Kimiko will be back soon, and then, we can all play together! For now, let's focus on training for the world tournament!" He ran ahead and decided to call out. "Tsurugi! Wait up!"

The taller boy that had just tore his eyes away from the train turned at his call. "Tenma, Nishizono, Sorano."

"Good morning!" The three of them greeted in sync.

"Morning."

His gaze dropped to the black cloth around his neck. "Is that a new scarf?"

"Not really. My parents bought matching ones for me and my brother last Christmas."

"That's nice." Aoi complimented. "It suits you."

"Thanks." Amber eyes turned to grey ones. "Meanwhile, someone doesn't look like he's prepared for winter at all."

The brunette chuckled sheepishly. "My scarf is still being washed after sitting in my closet for so long. But it's fine! I'll move lots and lots during practice! It'll work out somehow!"

"You might want to stay in class for the rest of the time, though." Shinsuke pointed out. "The heaters will keep you from catching a cold."

"Ahaha... Good point."

They continued their way to school and changed to their kits upon arrival. They were first to arrive, so they went to use the indoor field on their own while waiting for the others. When the rest of their team and their coach arrived, real practice began.

Everyone was having fun, but Aoi noticed a pair of orange eyes glancing over to the bench before looking down and turning back to the field.

~~~~~

Afternoon practice came soon enough and the team met up once again in the changing rooms. As soon as they were done, they headed for the indoor field once again, but found a couple of blondes talking right outside the tunnel.

"Isn't that...?"

"Gouenji-san! And Masato-san!"

Their coach smiled at his two friends. "Gouenji, Masato, nice to see you two again."

"It's nice to see you all too." Gouenji nodded at them all. "How's your training?"

"Why don't you come watch for yourselves?"

"I wish I could, but I have to remain impartial so it would be better if I don't."

His cousin smirked at him. "Sucks to be the chairman of the Japan Youth Soccer Association, eh?"

After all his efforts from when he became Holy Emperor to all he did behind the scenes, everyone in Japan had acknowledged him, and the votes to make him the head was unanimous. Because of that, it didn't surprise anyone that even for a casual visit, he'd be wearing a proper suit instead of the red jacket he had. His hair was no longer in a ponytail either, looking more like his Holy Emperor days, but without the blue streaks.