Faram Orbius II

"Then, to start off, we'll increase the tax of the nation."

"Even more than now? Wouldn't this be antagonistic to the people?"

"For Faram to remain number one in the galaxy, we must strengthen our armaments. That is how we will protect Faram. The people must have some more patience."

"Understood."

Those were the voices they heard from the other side of the door. It was all the evidence they needed to convict them.

"Piku!"

"Wha―?!"

The little creature distracted them by just a bit, giving them more than enough time to surround them.

"That's as far as you'll go, Donolzen!" Minel exclaimed. "Leader of the coup d'etat, Donolzen! And consultants Ruzekt, Urai, Gerdas! You're all under arrest!"

"There is no way!" The leader snapped back. "Do you not understand?! I am the reason Faram has made it this far! How can such a naive queen have any real political skills! Faram Orbius will be finished!"

"Silence! You're not going to get away with this!"

"Ugh..."

Seeing his men working fast to capture them, he felt the tension on his shoulders easing ever so slightly. Now, all that's left is...

He walked back to the entrance of the throne room, clutching his gun tightly. He turned to the two soldiers he asked to keep watch there.

"Let us head for the holding cells. Queen Lalaya and Tsurugi-dono are most likely being held captive there."

"Understood, sir."

"'Dono'?"

He stopped in his tracks and turned to look at the soldiers. The two of them were looking right back at him, their confused expressions half hidden under their helmets. Neither of them seemed to have heard that. Strange.

~~~~~

"So I've been tricked..."

Tsurugi held back a sigh. "If you have the time to be feeling down, then you ought to think about what you must do from here on, as the queen."

Perhaps it was cruel of him to be so cold, but if he spoiled her any further, she was never going to grow.

"What I must do..."

Fortunately, she took it to heart and seemed as though she was genuinely beginning to think about it properly.

Suddenly, yells came from outside the door. Then, there was gunfire.

The hell?

"What's happening?!"

"I don't know." His first instinct was to move in front of her. "Stay behind me!"

He couldn't do much, but he's damn well going to try if it meant saving the planet's beacon of hope. If it meant protecting a friend.

The door soon opened, and...

"Queen Lalaya!"

"Minel!"

"Queen Lalaya, thank goodness you are alright." The man bowed before them, which allowed them to finally breathe out sighs of relief.

"Minel-san, Donolzen―"

"No need to worry, Tsurugi-dono." He stood and gave them a smile. "She and her associates have all been either apprehended or debilitated. And we were lucky enough to make it without any casualties."