Galaxy: The New Inazuma Japan

Only when his eyes landed on his new tracksuit and jersey on the table did Tsurugi let himself believe that everything that happened the day before was not a dream.

Tenma, Shindou, and he were chosen to be the representatives of Japan in the Football Frontier International Vision 2, or FFI Vision 2 for short. They would be going out into the world...

...with what may be the worst team imaginable.

Eight of the other eleven were names no one has ever heard of in the soccer world before, which made sense, because none of them even seem to know how to play. Now that he was fully awake, the exhibition match they had with Teikoku Academy replayed in his mind vividly.

None of them listened to his senior's orders when he used Kami no Takuto Fire Illusion. One of them dodged a pass, another didn't even know he had to take the ball from the opponent, another committed a foul on purpose, their goalkeeper went out of the line with the ball in hand, and―

"Kyousuke?"

"Yes!" He jumped and quickly turned around to find his brother peeking in. "W-What is it, nii-san?"

He tilted his head slightly. "You shouldn't get so upset this early in the morning, you know. The stress isn't good for you."

"U-Upset? No, I'm not, I'm just―"

He chuckled. "Just be careful not to break your new tablet."

His shoulders stiffened as he looked down on his hand. Sure enough, his knuckles were clearly white, even compared to his pale skin tone. The red casing his device was in seemed to be on the verge of being permanently dented by his fingers. Realizing this, he quickly loosened his grip and placed it back on his table with a sigh.

"Thinking about your new team again?"

"...Yes..."

"Well, you have every right to worry, but make sure the blood doesn't rush to your head, alright?" He gave him a reassuring smile. "You've faced tougher challenges before. You'll make it through this. Tenma and Shindou are right there with you."

"Right... Right." He took a deep breath before blinking. Then, his eyes widened. "Tenma and Shindou-san!"

He quickly shoved all his belongings into his bag before zipping it and slinging it over his shoulder. He headed out the door and went downstairs to find his parents waiting to send him off. After wishing him luck and handing him his breakfast-to-go, he was just about to leave when a loud throat clearing caught his attention.

"Kyousuke, aren't you forgetting something?" His brother was suddenly behind him, giving him a look.

"Huh?"

"Something like this?" In his hand was his phone.

His. Phone.

Where did he even leave it?

He slapped himself, dragging his hand down his face before taking it. "Sorry... Thanks, nii-san."

"Just calm down and you'll be fine. Take care of yourself."

"I will. You should too."

"Don't worry. I'm already on my feet, aren't I?" He gestured to them with one of his crutches.

"Right." He opened the door and found two of his best friends waiting for him by the gates. Then, he turned back to his family with a nod. "I'll be off then."

"Good luck!"

"Have fun out there!"

"Kyousuke!" His brother held his own phone up, a certain keychain attached to it. "You'll win this!"