The Stadium

The next day, after practice, they all changed and headed back to the dorms the elders had provided for them.

Or at least, that's what they were supposed to do.

As they regrouped with their own friends, the building began to shake violently. Before they knew it, the scenery around them changed to a nearby park. No one had any time to ask as Chairman Toudou and Coach Sakamaki started running in the direction of the El Dorado building. Seeing as they wouldn't be getting any answers by staying, they followed them.

By the time they got there, the sun was setting, and the El Dorado building was completely obliterated.

Stepping into their view was a group of children, a white haired boy with goggles standing at the very front.

"Hey there." He greeted.

"You're the guy from that time!" Tenma suddenly said. "Saru, you're a Second Stage Child?!"

"That's right. I'm the emperor of Feida, who rules the Second Stage Children." He said proudly.

"The emperor... You mean, you're Feida's leader?"

"Yep, I am Feida's leader. And soon, I will be the world's leader. It'll do you well to remember that, Tenma." He kept his smile up as he continued talking. "Did you enjoy the opening ceremony for Ragnarok?"

"Weren't you going to fight us with soccer?!" Shindou asked.

"We will from here on, of course. In the final battle that will change the world, Ragnarok. Now, time to move into preparations." He raised a hand to the sky and all the ones behind him followed suit. They then began to glow in a purple aura.

All the debris remaining from the building's fall began to lift into the air. They watched as the rubble slowly turned into a whole stadium.

"All done." Saru said, presenting it. "Here is the stage of the final battle, Ragnarok Stadium. This place will be the starting point of the new world!"

"This is the power of Second Stage Children..."

"We have to fight against monsters like these?!"

"T-There's no chance we can win!"

Monsters, is it? Do you think the same?

Tsurugi's attention went to the girl pulling on his sleeve. It was clear that the term made her uncomfortable. He turned back to the newly built stadium before giving his honest thought. If they're going to use their abilities to hurt us, then yes. But right now, they're just a bunch of children with abnormal abilities.

Are you trying to comfort me?

Maybe.

...It's working slightly... Thanks.

"I made sure to provide a place for you guys in this stadium where you can feel comfortable." The enemy leader continued to explain. "Living quarters, training facilities, and the like, which you may use as you please. Use them as your meeting rooms for El Dorado while Ragnarok is ongoing."

"You reshaped this place using the ruins of El Dorado's building you destroyed, so it's not like it belongs to you to begin with... Acting all superior..." Just as Kariya finished muttering, Saru glared at him, making him take a step back.

"Well, the first match is tomorrow." The white haired boy's smile returned. "Make sure you're well prepared. Not that it would make a difference."

"You don't know that!" Shinsuke said.

"Hah!" Another boy with long wavy hair smirked. "Instead of putting it off 'til tomorrow, let's give these guys a beating right here and now!"

They narrowed their eyes at him, but unexpectedly, it was Saru who grabbed his arm. "Garo."