El Dorado

They had just won their match against Perfect Cascade and were stocking up on resources before they go off to look for the TM Caravan. Tenma and Aoi offered to refill their bottles, so they waited by a clearing in the forest.

"Tenma and Kinako got MixiMaxes, huh?" Nishiki grinned.

In the middle of their battle, Kinako got her MixiMax with Master Dragon after saving her from mind control. Afterwards, they pulled Tenma out of his self-doubting mindset and made him realize that he was, in fact, the best captain they could ever have, letting him MixiMax with King Arthur.

"Our team's gotta be the strongest eleven in history now, don't you think?"

"FOOL! How many times must I repeat myself?!" The stone floated to him. "One's strength of soccer doesn't come from the individual! The team's power is decided on the harmony that its players create together! Without all eleven pieces, the power of the strongest eleven in history won't come into effect!"

The ponytailed boy sweatdropped. "Alright..."

"Hm? Tsurugi, what're you doing?" Torb, sitting on a branch above him, asked.

"No, nothing..." Though it wasn't exactly 'nothing'. He was holding the sword he never had to use. All of the boys plus Kinako had one.

"What, you gonna try using it?" Kariya jabbed. "I guess that's fitting for you since you have Lancelot."

"Lancelot is one of King Arthur's knights in another story." Akane commented.

He sighed. "That's the kind of thing Kimiko would say..."

"Huh."

"Eh."

"Wha..."

"Tsurugi, you..." Fei was staring at him. "You were thinking about Kimiko this whole time?"

He didn't respond to that.

"You were the same in the dinosaur era." Kirino pointed out. "You said, 'Kimiko would enjoy it here', or something like that."

Kurama blinked up at him. "Are you seriously that bored without Kimiko around?"

"It's not like that." It was. He just didn't want to admit it. "Just... The fire from earlier got me thinking about her, that's all."

"The fire? The one we nearly got roasted from while on our way to the caves?" Midori asked.

"She'd probably be excited to experience nearly getting burned alive."

"Huh?!"

"It started when she said that Nobunaga's hobby was burning his enemies alive after he defeats them."

Shindou choked on air, but before he could say anything, the scenery around them changed. They, along with Tenma and Aoi, were teleported into a strange room. Their outfits were changed back to their tracksuits too.

"W-Where―"

Suddenly, the floor beneath them gave way into what appeared to be the void. Before they knew it, they were in a pile on metallic floor.

"Is everyone okay?!" Shindou was first to ask.

"Y-Yes!" Tenma's voice came from on top of the pile.

"What just happened...?" Nishiki said, getting up and rubbing the back of his head.

The room was much wider than the previous one. It appeared to be the receptionist lobby of a building. A very futuristic building.

"Where are we?" Shinsuke asked.