No 'I' in Team!

The day of the finals had soon arrived. By then, the eight beginners all had cleared at least Level 4 of the Black Room. After getting off the train, Tsurugi made a beeline for the changing rooms and finished before anyone else.

As the commentator made his announcement in the day's opening ceremony, he took a quick look around the area. But I guess it's to be expected that she isn't here. This place is for members only. He forgot she wasn't their manager anymore.

"Tsurugi?"

Speaking of managers... "Hey, Aoi."

She giggled. "You're that excited to see her again, are you?"

He gave a wry smile. "Don't get me started. It took me ten minutes to realize she's most likely in the VIP box with Gouenji-san."

"I don't blame you for that. Knowing her, she'd sneak out just to find you."

"I don't think even she'd do that in a proper tournament like this though."

"No? Well, you do know her best after all."

Before he could retort about her crush, their coach, trainer, and other manager came. The blue haired girl followed behind them and left with a wave just as his ten other teammates came out of the changing room.

As usual, they lined up beside their opponents inside the tunnel. As the commentator continued his opening speech, they walked to the center of the pitch to show their faces to the audience before heading to prepare by their respective benches.

"You all endured your training well." Tenma said in their huddle. "I just know soccer was watching over you as you worked hard. The more you face it seriously, the more soccer answers back to you. The world tournament lies ahead of these finals. Let's win!"

"Yeah!"

Just as they were about to head to the pitch, a flash of blue caught his eye. Right as he turned to the stands, he found a pair of bright purple eyes staring down at him.

"Kyousuke!"

And his own smile came out before he knew it. "Kimiko! You really came, huh?"

"As if I'd miss this! I'm sorry I couldn't sneak out to see you before the tournament started though! I couldn't make too many problems or it's Shuuya-nii who would get in trouble."

"Really? That never stopped you before."

"Shut up!" Though she said so, she was still smiling wide. "By the way, I'll be watching everything from up there!"

He turned to where she was pointing. "The balcony?"

"Yup! It's noisy, but it's got the best view of the pitch! I'm looking forward to seeing how much you guys improved! Good luck and have fun!"

She ran off before he could think of a reply, but he knew he didn't need to. He'll give his answer through his plays on the pitch.

As he got to his position, Matatagi gave him his usual smile. "You seem extra motivated today, Tsurugi."

"I guess I am." Looking down at the ball by their feet, the corner of his lips naturally lifted up to form a smirk. After all, I have a promise to keep.

"Now, the match begins!"

~~~~~

Running into a corridor, Kimiko looked around to make sure it was completely empty before taking out a vial from her pocket. She pushed it into a hole on her belt and felt herself getting more vitalized than before. Closing her eyes, she imagined her destination.