The Fight Continues

No words could express how grateful they all were when Toudou told them about the vaccine for the SCC. It was still under development, but they were certain they would be able to suppress their abilities while simultaneously prolonging their lifespan.

The only thing is, he didn't like that they needed her to be their test subject. Sure, she was the one that volunteered, but that didn't really make it better. Although, with her mind set, there was no changing it. At least her brother being there with her was a bit of a reassurance.

Tsurugi held back a sigh as he took his seat in the stands. He shouldn't be down when the next match was just about to start.

The unexpected occurrence this time happened at the very beginning, with Zanark joining their team, wearing the number 99. One thing's for sure, Gamma seemed the most pissed about it. Makes sense.

Something they did expect, though they wished it would be fixed already, was their team's inability to work together. It greatly contrasted their opponent's synchronized moves.

"They send those passes to each other without even the slightest misstep." His ponytailed senior said from beside him.

"Yeah. It can't be done unless they have a precise grasp of each other's movements..." His eyes narrowed, remembering an old match. "The perfect combination play."

With Dead Future, Team Gil scored the first goal.

The rough teamwork continued on. There was friction between the three ex-captains of El Dorado to put on top their malice towards their current captain. And it didn't help that Zanark was being... Zanark.

Above everything, the two leaders of Team Gil, which by know he knew to be named Meia and Giris, had twin keshins. The Jounetsu no Lovers that they summoned were only clearly different in colors, Meia's being pink, while Giris' was blue. He never thought such a thing was possible, but if their inner strengths and desires align, then he supposed it could happen.

By the end of the first half, they were behind by 3 points. Their goalkeeper, Rudzik, was also taken out of commission, replaced by―

"His name is Mecha Endou!" The commentator said.

This match just keeps getting more and more absurd!

"Kimiko would be smiling and yelling right about now, wouldn't she?" Midori suddenly said.

"More accurately, she'd be laughing her head off." Just imagining it made him sigh.

The second half started off slightly better than the previous. He didn't know what Shindou said during the break, but Alpha, Beta, and Gamma were at least trying to move accordingly with his Kami no Takuto. Zanark was still... Zanark.

The captain was then called to the side by his coach, and when he returned to the field, his hissatsu tactic was upgraded to Kami no Takuto Fire Illusion. Alpha, Beta, and Gamma were finally able to move in sync, scoring their first goal with Omega Attack.

They then scored another with Shindou's MixiMax hissatsu shoot.

They were doing well, until Zanark cut in again. It didn't seem like he appreciated getting left out. However, a moment's hesitation caused him to lose the ball, and Meia and Giris tried to use Dead Future to score another.

Mecha Endou whistled and five red penguins came flying at him from the sky, biting his arm before he made a catching stance. "Penguin the Hand!"

Shindou got the ball to Beta, who summoned her keshin and scored their tying goal with Athena Assault.