Sunshine

When they returned, it was late in the afternoon, two days after their departure. Finding the others of the club had probably gone home from school, they all called it a night and decided to inform them of the good news the next day.

After visiting Yuuichi, watching him as he went through his rehabilitation regiment, Tsurugi and Kimiko headed back to the boy's home.

She laid down on her futon as he took out his notebook, writing down what he remembered from their journey. He did the same when they came back from the Sengoku Era, and it's likely he'd do it for every time period they'd cross.

"You're really dedicated." She commented.

"You keep saying that." He sighed.

"And I mean it!" She said. "Do you ever have study sessions with Tenma and the others?"

"Sometimes. I'm in a different class from theirs, and so is Kageyama, so it's a little tricky, but we did gather at Tenma's place for the mid-term exams."

"Yeah? How well did you do?"

"Straight 'A's in everything, as usual. Perfect scores in linguistic subjects and biology."

She sweatdropped. "I'm pretty sure if anyone else heard you mention all that like they're nothing, they'd get mad."

He shrugged. "Not my problem."

"True."

She sat up and leaned her back against his bed, watching his movements from behind him as he continued writing. A small light blinked on his phone and he stopped to check it.

Seeing his expression turning from curious to serious to exhausted, she tilted her head to the side. "Is it from the school?"

"Yeah..." He sighed again, handing it to her. "More homework. Some of these are topics I missed because of our first trip."

She read the list and gave a chuckle. "Yikes... These ones, huh..."

"Not that I'm completely clueless about it, but it'll take longer than usual to catch up." He said, clicking his tongue. "I may get a few 'B's at this rate. Maybe even a 'C' or two if this keeps happening for the whole month."

"Not necessarily." She said, patting the empty space on the mattress beside her. "I can teach you if you want."

He looked at her with a bewildered expression before letting out a laugh. "Right. I forgot you're already learning high school level stuff."

"Please direct all your praises to Yuuka-nee, the best home tutor ever." She said, mocking a bow. When she looked up again, she gave him a smile. "We can start now if you want."

"You sure?"

"Well, why not?" She eyed the clock on his desk. "It's not that late yet, so I think we can cover two or three topics before midnight."

"Then I'll take the offer."

He pulled out a few books and placed it on the mattress in front of her before laying down, propping himself up on his elbows. She stayed sitting, hunching her back to properly see the questions.

Before they knew it, hours had gone by.

"And then, for this one, you can use the formula from the one before."

"In reverse, right?"

"Mmhm. Not the full thing, though. Just up until you find the numbers for the question."

"... Like that?"

"Yeah, you got it!"

"Right, that's physics done." He sighed. "Next is― Ack!"