Three Kingdoms Era V

It's because of me that we're losing. What is wrong with me?

"It's okay!" Tenma said, walking up to his distressed teammate. "You'll be back to your usual self soon enough!"

"Tenma. I'm sorry."

"Huh?"

"I joined you so I could help, but I'm dragging you down instead."

They all frowned, not used to seeing the usually-bright boy this upset. Still, Tenma continued to cheer him on. "Everyone has their bad moments when they're not doing great or make mistakes! When that happens, we all need to work together!"

"Tenma..." When he looked up, they were all giving him reassuring smiles.

"You'll be able to get over this hurdle, Taiyou." Shindou said.

"Until you've regained your form, Taiyou, we've all got your back!" Nishiki added.

"We're here for you!" Kinako said. Kurama and Shinsuke nodded, with Kariya saying, "I'm here for you too."

"Guys..."

"We're just getting warmed up." Fei said. "Let's bounce Zanark Domain's offense right back at them and win!"

Taiyou gave a small nod, but before he could move back to his position, something started ringing in his head.

Sunshine!

Tenma was first to notice the boy holding his head. "E-Eh? Taiyou, are you okay?"

"F-Fine... But what was―" He blinked before turning to the sidelines, his headache completely gone. "That voice is... Kimiko?"

Sorry, sorry. It tends to sting the first time.

"What... How are you... inside my head...?"

Tsurugi narrowed his eyes at that. "She's using her telepathy on you, isn't she?"

The others all widened their eyes at that. "Huh?! She can do that?!"

"In that case, you should be fine." Kirino suddenly said. "The headache doesn't last long."

Shindou's eyes were still wide as he turned to him. "Kirino, you knew?"

"Yeah, she did it to me once too."

Ahaha... Everyone's making a fuss because of me, huh?

"W-Well... Telepathy isn't exactly something everyone can do..."

True. I just wanted to cheer you up, but it looks like everyone's beaten me to it.

"Yeah. I'll work with everyone and pull through. And I wouldn't want you getting angry at me for not contributing when I'm here on the field."

You know me well.

"No, I just heard you talking with Shinsuke earlier."

Fair enough. In any case, you definitely got this, Taiyou. You're the sunshine after all. No matter how dark the night is, the sun will always come about and bring the light of dawn!

He chuckled. "Poetry really doesn't suit you, you know? But thanks, Kimiko. I won't disappoint!"

She gave him a thumbs up.

~~~~~

"There's no doubt about it now, is there?" Maze said, eying the blonde girl on the side of the field.

"'Kimiko', huh..." Shinjami smiled. "So that's the name she goes by now."

"Her memory must've mixed up the two names she had." Goblis chuckled.