Gardon I

As they were preparing for the next warp, Ichikawa was telling Kimiko about the souvenirs he found while walking around Sazanaara with some of the others. Apparently, he had found some snow globes (though the locals called them 'Water Worlds') among other things and decided to buy two. One of them was for her, so that was nice of him.

"But why the trouble?"

"You seem to like buying souvenirs, so since you didn't have a chance to explore the town like we did, I thought I'd pick something you might like. Tsurugi-san was with me too."

Oh, was he? She couldn't decide if she wanted to laugh at Manuuba for being forced into the role, or get mad at the fact that he was still imposing as her best friend.

"Was that presumptuous of me?" Ichikawa suddenly asked.

"What?" She blinked up at him, and realized the troubled expression he had was because she didn't reply to his explanation. "Oh, no. I'm grateful, really! It was just unexpected, is all... Thanks. I'll take good care of it."

"I'm glad it cheered you up."

Her eyes widened at those words, but before she could respond, he had already left for his seat. As they went through the warp, all she could think about was how different yet similar they could be.

~~~~~

"We are now approaching planet Gardon."

Upon opening the door to the outside, steam immediately entered the vicinity.

"Hot...!"

"What's up with this heat?"

"No good. There's nothing but hot air here..."

Tetsukado could only stare at Sakura as she fanned away. "Where did you even get that fan?"

"Manabe, your glasses!" Konoha was looking up at the boy in question, who's glasses had fogged up due to the heat.

"Haha! You look silly!"

"It's evidence of how hot the air temperature is here." He didn't even bother to wipe the fog off, perhaps thinking it would be futile. "This heat must be coming from not only this planet's sun, but also its magma and geothermal energy."

Sounds like he's studied the place beforehand.

"So the entire planet is like a live volcano..." Shindou muttered.

"That's right." A familiar voice joined them. "That is the reason why this planet is known as the fire planet. Welcome to planet Gardon."

Kimiko smiled wryly. Looks like my next training menu has to match. So much for not putting anyone in mortal danger...

She waited for a response to her joke, only to remember that the one who usually does wasn't with them. There was just Manuuba, looking... better than how the others were doing.

As Ishigashi toured them around, she fell back to walk beside him, lowering her voice. "How are you not dying right now? Aren't you from a cold planet?"

He blinked. "How did you know?"

"Because only cold-blooded beings can change forms." That was a joke, but in reality, she just guessed from the one time she felt that cold breath when he whispered in her ear during the previous match.

He rolled his eyes. "That only applies to your planet. My people don't have blood."

"No? Then what happens when you get a cut?"

"Nothing. The flesh just regenerates immediately. Doesn't mean we don't feel pain, though." He shrugged before smirking. "Makes it a bit tough if I have to fake bleeding in one of my jobs, but fortunately, I'm skilled enough to never have to be in that sort of situation."