Sengoku Era II

"Kimiko, you have to wake up!" Aoi's scolding caught everyone's attention. "Everyone's already ready to go! You're the only one left!"

The blonde only curled into herself further, covering her ears with her arms. "Just... go on without me..." She mumbled sleepily. "I'll catch up... by noon..."

"We can't have you going around by yourself! Tenma, Shinsuke and I ran into kidnappers yesterday, you know! Kidnappers!"

"I can... teleport..."

"Showing off those kinds of abilities in this timeline might do more harm than good, though..." Fei commented.

"Kimiko, what time did you fall asleep last night?" Shinsuke asked.

"Don't know... Left phone in the caravan like everyone else..." A single eye struggled to open as she pointed to a window. "The last thing I saw was... light from... there..."

"Light?"

Fei furrowed his eyebrows before tapping on his watch, showing a small map. Then, his eyes widened. "That direction is east... You mean you stayed up until the sun started to rise?!"

"...Probably..."

"Why would you do that?" Aoi continued her scolding session. "You know we have an important mission to complete. Staying up would―"

"Just leave her be."

"Eh― Tsurugi?"

"We can't waste any more time, right?" The boy stated.

Aoi blinked at him before frowning. "Well, yes, but..."

"She said she'll catch up by noon, so she will." The girl chuckled a little, but before she could thank him, he continued with, "Because if she doesn't, I'll come back here and kick her out the window."

"... This is the only time I'll sleep in, I swear."

"It better."

"Well, if Tsurugi says so, then fine." Aoi sighed. "But just be careful, okay, Kimiko?"

"I will."

"Alright then." Shindou nodded to the rest of the group. "Let's go."

"Right!"

They had only gone for a couple of minutes before she heard a commotion outside. She thought she heard Shindou shouting for a moment, but it was drowned by the sound of a horse. A few minutes later came Wondeba's voice.

With all the racket going on, she gave up on going back to sleep and peeked out the window. Men on horses carrying a bunch of flags had just passed by the temple. Curious, she put on her coat and went outside, staring at their backs.

So the one at the front is Oda Nobunaga, huh... He certainly did have quite a presence.

"Hey." Her best friend's voice came from behind her. "So you decided to join us after all."

She threw a pout at his smirk. "It's impossible to go back to sleep with all the noise. I think I'll just stay up and wait until I pass out."

"Hopefully, that won't happen any time soon." Midori chuckled. "No one here's going to carry you."

She gave a tired smile. "No worries. I've stayed up for longer. This is nothing."

With everything said, they headed into town to find breakfast. After they ate, they got to the riverbank the six of them were at the day before and discussed the matters regarding the warlord.

Noticing Tsurugi and Nishiki taking a seat on the grassy slope, she joined them and leaned on the navy haired boy's shoulder.

"Let me close my eyes here a bit."