Faram Orbius VI

"We will win this match no matter what! I swear on the name of the strongest of the galaxy, Faram Orbius!"

"Yeah!"

As the match resumed, Aoi couldn't tell if she wanted to smile at Tenma's motivation returning, or frown at Tsurugi's words. She involuntarily turned her head to her fellow manager, who didn't seem the least bit bothered.

"Kimiko?"

"Hm?" She responded without looking away from the match.

"Do you know what Tsurugi is planning? Why is he doing all of this? What would he gain if Faram wins?"

"You're asking me to read his mind."

"If you don't mind..."

She shrugged. "I've done it already actually. He's just completely focused on the match. Nothing else is going on in there."

"Can't you dig deeper into his memories?" Shinsuke asked, now paying attention to their conversation as well.

"I could, but..." She hummed a bit in thought before finally turning her head to them. "Wouldn't you rather ask him yourselves?"

She and Shinsuke exchanged glances at that. Without another word, their attention returned to the match.

~~~~~

"It's a succession of fierce plays, baby!"

Sakura had the ball, and just before one of Faram's defenders could get to her, she ran even faster. A blue light surrounded her and a pink-furred serow appeared in her place, charging over the opponent.

Kamoshika. Kimiko nodded to herself, noting its name. She roughly recalled that she had first unleashed it back on Ratoniik like Manabe did, but as she had gone out of control, she wasn't able to pay proper attention to her at the time.

Barga unleashed his own Soul, something akin to a yellow triceratops, and charged at her, taking the ball back easily. He passed the ball to Hilary, who followed suit, and turned into a blue phoenix to get past Manabe.

"Tsurugi!"

The navy haired boy caught it, eyes only on the goal. "We'll make the first point!"

"As if!"

He did a normal shot and Ibuki deflected it with a punch. However, Tsurugi was able to jump and kick it back. The keeper used a foot to push himself off one pole to punch it away again, but still the striker was able to get to it. Ibuki landed on a hand to keep balance as he pushed himself up, but once his right foot hit the ground, he couldn't help but wince from the injury he got.

"I knew it. His ankle...!" Shinsuke's soft muttering came from beside her.

Yet Tsurugi, ruthless as ever, used Bicycle Sword to take that point.

"GOAL!!! Faram Dite wins the first goal with Tsurugi's shoot!"

Tetsukado sighed. "That guy shows no mercy!"

Kusaka could only smile wryly. "Well, you could say it's the best hospitality he can offer us."

Ibuki, despite being hurt and having a point stolen off of him, got up with his usual cocky smile. "Nice. This is how the finals should be! We're not done yet! They're not getting another point from me!"

"Guys..." Tenma grinned. "That's right! We're still not done yet!"

Hm... Somehow, you're a lot meaner here than you were as a SEED.

Hurting him wasn't my idea, but since it's happened, I took advantage of it.

Exactly what I mean. What would you do if Yuu-san saw?