Three Kingdoms Era VI

Zhuge Kongming. The genius tactician whom even Cao Cao respects and fears. And the genius of once a decade who implements those strategies.

"In that case..."

Zanark undid his MixiMax.

"I'll give you a taste of fear that comes only once in a thousand years! Come out!" As he pointed a finger to the sky, shadows came out of his back, forming a black and red monster with gigantic claws spread like wings. "Makaiou Zodiac!"

"What?!"

"This is my own keshin!" He smirked. "Armed!"

It reverted back to its shadow form and dispersed. Zanark jumped up at it and the auras surrounded him, creating a black and red armor.

"Move!" He tackled Fei and took the ball.

His teammates were all smiling from their side of the pitch.

"He's started."

"There's no stopping him now."

Taiyou suggested they used the Qi Men Dun Jia Formation again, but Zanark was able to bulldoze through them before they could even get close. His Keshin Armed timed out afterwards, but it didn't matter. He used Disaster Break as Shinsuke summon Goseishin Titanias.

But the goalkeeper froze.

Zanark Domain got their second goal.

"Are you okay, Shinsuke?!" Tenma asked as they all ran to their friend.

The little boy was shaking, his lips quivering as he spoke. "W-What was up with that shoot?"

"Shinsuke?"

He looked about ready to cry. "It's different from any shoot I've ever faced."

"It mows everything down before destroying them completely. That is my power!" Zanark said. "I'll send you guys flying away in pieces!"

Kimiko frowned as she watched the whole scene. Shinsuke's fear was worrying, but more than that, she also―

"Ack!"

"Kimiko!"

Something inside her throbbed painfully. Her hands tightened on her heart, trying to push it down... Whatever it was.

Hearing his best friend's name, Tsurugi ran over to the side, finding Aoi holding her. "What happened?"

"I don't know! She just suddenly..." She trailed off, when the blonde started to relax. "Kimiko, are you alright?"

She took several deep breaths before nodding slowly. "Yeah... Somewhat..." She looked up to him with a confused look. "I honestly don't know what that was... I was just thinking about how familiar Zanark's keshin is, and then that happened..."

"Zanark...?" His gaze went to the enemy captain, who, for some reason, also had a confused expression on his face as he looked down on himself. "What kind of connection do you have with him exactly?"

"Wish I knew..." She sighed before shaking her head. "Well, we can figure it out later. The match is still on, Kyou. Good luck out there."

He gave her a look that clearly said he didn't want to leave her be, but he also knew that he was needed more on the field than anywhere else. Nodding, he went back to join the team.

~~~~~

The next round hadn't even started, but Shinsuke was already down. Of course, no one was surprised by how scared he was. Any normal person would be if they had to take on a shot like that.