Days We Missed

"We've lost." Tsurugi acknowledged. "But we will be sure to turn this defeat into something meaningful."

"Let's hope so." Hakuryuu smirked before turning to the blonde, who was still standing by their goal. "Hey, Kimiko! We're going! Are you coming along?"

"Oh, thanks, but no thanks!" She called back. "I'll head back on my own!"

"I can't have that." Fudou interjected. "Your cousin will kill me if you disappear under my watch."

"I'll be back before dinner, I swear!"

"Suit yourself." The white haired captain went over and rolled the ball under his foot before passing the ball to him. "Here you go. Make sure you don't miss."

He clicked his tongue. "Oh, I won't."

He smirked again before following the brown haired coach out into the tunnel. The rest of Resistance Japan followed. All but her.

Kimiko turned her attention to him. "What did he mean by 'don't miss'?"

He shot her a look.

"W-What...?"

He kept his expression from changing.

She sweatdropped, chuckling nervously. "Okay, okay, I know you're probably still mad at me about... well, that... and you have every right to be! B-But I have to ask you to wait a bit more, because I swear everything will make sense in―" She was cut off by the ball sent to her face. It blew her back into the goal.

"Kimiko! Tsurugi!" Tenma's jaw hung open as his eyes darted back and forth between them.

"H-Hey!" Tetsukado, who was still standing beside him, also had wide eyes. The whole team did too.

Ibuki, who was by the goal, could only stare as the girl sat up. Her face was red from the impact, but she was still able to manage a glare.

"Ow?! What the heck, Kyou?!"

He remained indifferent. "Just so you know, I've been waiting to do that for a long, long time."

"Ugh... Fair enough. It didn't hurt anyway, it just took me by surprise..." She sighed. "I deserve that."

"You got that right." He walked up to her and held a hand out, helping her up.

"Kimiko!" Another blue blur ran past him, and suddenly Aoi had pulled her into a tight hug, which she returned rather happily. "You're finally back!"

"Nice to see you too, Aoi." She turned to the rest of them. "Tenma and Shindou-san too!"

"It's been a while." Shindou nodded.

"And that was a new hissatsu technique, wasn't it?" Tenma said excitedly.

"Yup!" She then turned to him with sparkling eyes. "But honestly, it's nothing compared to your Bicycle Sword. It was one thing seeing it on TV or on the stands, but when it flew past me and through Senguuji just now, it looked so much cooler!"

He blinked. "TV? You mean you've seen our other matches? ... You didn't just recently get back?"

Her smile turned stiff at that. "Ahaha... Yeah, so uh... Funny story... I've been around since the day before your exhibition match against Teikoku."

"... And you never once thought to visit, or call, or text, or let me know in any way?"

She took several steps back. "I am sorry. Please, do not kick me again. I have a good reason for it."

"And that is?"

"Uh... Well... You see... Ehehe..."

He took another deep breath, and did what he always did.