Merging

"It's Protocol Omega!"

"You want us to merge with El Dorado's players?"

"There's no need for that!" Nishiki said. "We're one step away from being the strongest in history. We'll be more than enough on our―"

"No, that won't do!" The talking stone went to him again. "Don't I keep telling you?! Without all eleven players, we won't bring out even half the power we're meant to have! Soccer is a harmony made by eleven people!"

"But still..."

"We are practically equal with El Dorado's team now in terms of power. Joining forces would be the wise thing to do."

"Daisuke-san is right!" They all turned to find the source of the new voice. A certain goggles-wearing brunette stood there, with his blonde friend by his side. "It would be best to accept El Dorado's proposal."

Tenma took a step back out of surprise of their sudden appearance. "K-Kidou-san and Gouenji-san?!"

"Everyone, it's been a while." The blonde said. He then turned to his cousin. "Kimiko."

The girl pulled on her hoodie further so she didn't have to meet anyone's eyes. "Y-Yeah?"

No one blamed her for being uneasy. Unlike Tenma, who was only a candidate, she was confirmed to be one of the children they were just talking about. Having powers that rival the military's, physical abilities and intelligence above the normal... a short lifespan... Not to mention, the very people they will be working with were working to erase her existence.

There was no way for him to say that everything will be fine, so he won't try. Instead, he'll give her a little something to cheer her up temporarily. "There's someone else here to see you."

"Someone... else...?"

His other cousin stepped out of his shadow, giving her a small smile. "Hey... How've you been?"

Her head snapped up, so fast it threw her hood off her head. "M-Masato-nii?!"

"In the flesh." He chuckled. "When El Dorado got rid of the soccer ban, everyone who had been affected by the mind control were turned back to normal too. Yuuka and Shuuya then told me everything, so I said I had to go see you no matter what. Didn't expect to actually time travel though."

"Masato-nii..." She took a hesitant step forward before breaking out to a full sprint, tackling him in a hug. "Masato-nii!!!"

"Ahaha... Sorry for worrying you. I'm fine now." He patted her back to comfort her, but it only made her cling on to him more. The others gave the first smile they could make since arriving there at the two.

"But... Why are you here?" Tenma eventually asked.

"I brought them here." Chairman Toudou said. "The two of them, along with Sakamaki, will act as coach for each team."

They ignored Wondeba sobbing in the corner.

"We must win at all costs. This is the final battle that decides the fate of mankind, Ragnarok!"

~~~~~

They lined up in front of the three coaches, joined by their former enemies, on El Dorado's indoor field. The four managers, along with Masato, stood outside the lines, watching as the men picked out their children. Wondeba stood by the door, still sulking about not getting to be coach.

Gouenji picked Tenma, Shinsuke, Kirino, Taiyou, Hikaru, Hamano, Hayami, Torb, Ray, Reiza, and Medam. The captain was, as expected, Tenma.

"T-That... adorable... plum haired boy's name is... Kageyama...?" Masato whispered to his sister, who nodded and patted his shoulder. "So I guess... apples can fall far from their tree..."