Bonds

"I heard that you ran away after your training at Teikoku Academy. Was it because the intensity scared you?"

She didn't reply.

"I can assure you that training on God Eden will not be as lenient. Though, of course, you don't need me to tell you that. You've seen it all first-hand."

She had.

"And I'm sure you're also aware of what'll happen if you try to run away."

Her eyes narrowed.

"That's right. If you miss even a single session, we'll consider your contract terminated. If that happens, then punishment of betraying Fifth Sector will be brought down on Tsurugi Kyousuke himself. You will no longer be considered his representative. You wouldn't want your precious best friend to get hurt, now, would you?"

His words replayed in her mind like a broken record. Not a single day had gone by since she arrived on the island that she didn't think of that one-sided conversation. It was always on her mind, and the memory was especially clear while she was training.

Every time she came close to giving up, every time she came close to breaking, those words would be there to remind her how much she couldn't afford to.

And as if that wasn't enough, he was constantly reminding her of that fact in the present too.

"Get up, Kimiko. You still have one last set to complete. Or would you rather the younger Tsurugi brother take your place?"

Those words were repeated every day.

Most times, she could barely gather enough energy to get up. Her whole body shook, and the moment she got into an upright position, she'd feel like falling again. But as soon as the words were said, she'd immediately snap out of it. She'd force her way through the pain, and complete her regiment.

Which was why, when her eyes opened that day, she panicked.

She was in the medical ward, meaning she had passed out during training.

Meaning she failed, and that the contract would be nullified.

Meaning―

"I see you're awake."

The voice made her jump. Or it would've if her body wasn't still hurting. Turning her head, she found her superior sitting on a chair right next to her.

"How are you feeling?"

"Shuuy... Shuuji-san... Where's Kuroki-san?" She decided to avoid the question. Though, even without giving the answer, she's sure he would know it.

"He left the island under Senguuji Daigo's orders." He replied.

She blinked. Wait, then that means... "It's... It's over...? The punishment stops there?"

He nodded, but before she could bring up a smile, he continued. "But Raimon is currently on this island, your friend included."

Her whole body stiffened. "What...?"

"Kibayama made the order to bring them here. They've already been obliterated by Unlimited Shining, or rather, Hakuryuu alone, but they were saved by Endou and a handful of others."

"T-That happened while I was asleep?!"

He nodded again. "And in three days, they'll be coming here, to God Eden Stadium, to play against Zero."

Her hand subconsciously clasped the pendant on her neck. "They'll be playing against each other..."

"Worried?"