Medieval France Era III

"It's so hard to move in."

"I can't see in front of me!"

"That's the wrong size for you..."

Jeanne was telling them how to put on their armor. Those who were chosen to go were told to wake up early so they could leave as soon as they could. Kimiko decided to join them at the time to see them, or rather, him in armor.

"Well now, sir Lancelot, don't you look dashing!" She teased, earning an eye roll.

"I'll cut you down."

"Spoken like a true knight!"

"Woah, this is heavy!" Kinako said, lifting a sword up.

Tenma frowned. "I don't know how you manage to wave that thing around."

Jeanne gave a strained smile. "Well... the truth is, I can't use it very well either."

Fei's eyes widened. "Eh― Really?!"

"But if the time calls for it, I must brandish the sword. No matter how scared I am."

Kimiko placed a hand on her shoulder. "That's admirable of you."

"Thank you."

The blonde nodded before walking out with a wave. She'll be looking forward to their stories when they get back.

~~~~~

"Kirino-senpai went with Jeanne to meet Prince Charles, so as usual, Tenma pulled out a soccer ball and we decided to play in the courtyard while waiting. Since we were short on one person, Kinako found and invited this one weird guy to join in. After that, he started leading us around, and into the throne room, where... care to guess what happens next?"

"You found out the guy is actually the crown prince himself?"

"It's not a guess if you read my mind." Tsurugi rolled his eyes. "Anyway, if there's anything I've learned on this trip, it's that Kirino-senpai ended up being the one to get closer to Jeanne d'Arc instead of Kinako."

Kimiko blinked. "You're saying he'll be the one to MixiMax with her?"

"It's likely." He gestured his head to a tower.

Kirino was there, looking over everything. He seemed to be conversing with someone behind the taller wall.

"I see..." She gave a small smile. "'A charismatic defender'... That does suit Kirino-san."

He nodded before looking down. "But we need that power to awaken in Jeanne-san fast. Or else, we'll all get caught up in the war."

She frowned at that. "Speaking of which..." She trailed off for a second, watching both Kirino and Jeanne coming out the door of the tower, separating directions right there. "Speaking of which, those two generals that came back with you guys... They're a couple of jerks, aren't they?"

"You're talking about how they insulted Jeanne when she was only thinking of what's best for France?"

"What else?" She sighed. "I only hope this won't lead to anything―"

She was cut off when an argument broke out inside another part of the fortress. It came from the direction Kirino was headed. And suddenly, Kirino came out running, calling for everyone to gather.

"Jeanne-sama has left a message, saying she awaits our support." A knight read out a note for all of them along with the commanders of Prince Charles' soldiers to hear.

Tenma's eyes widened. "Is she planning to sacrifice herself in order to inspire the rest of the troops?"

"I shouldn't have said all of that... I have to stop her!"