Faram Orbius VII

"Make fiercer contact. Destroy Earth Eleven. These are coach's orders. Make it happen."

He didn't like it, but seeing all the smirks that his team had, he had no choice but to comply. Not that his regular plays weren't aggressive anyway, but to think he would be able to go out at full force after so long...

We're benching Ibuki.

Good. Things are only going to get rougher from here.

What did he tell you?

The same thing he told Fudou-san to tell Resistance Japan.

... What is with Teikoku coaches and hurting kids?!

Kidou-san isn't... nevermind. He had to stop himself from cringing. He could feel her glare through their link. Sorry. I'm just... talking from my own experience.

Hm...

Still, as much as you'll hate me for saying it, you can't deny he's doing a better job acting than I am.

Is he even acting, though?

That's...

For all we know, he really could just want everyone and everything dead.

If that was the case, he wouldn't go this far to help with the plan.

Yeah, except we don't know how he knew about the whole thing in the first place?! Genuinely, he is the only proper human I've ever met that I can't read the mind of! I don't trust him! Never have, and never will.

I know. But you trust me, right?

... Of course.

And you can read my mind, right?

Yeah...?

So you know that I have no fucking clue about how he knows what he knows?

Yeah.

Does it look like I give a fuck?

... No...?

Then why should you?

YOU STUPID ASS―

BEFORE YOU START YELLING AT ME, He cut off her thoughts with an even louder one of his own, surprising himself at how well he's doing at keeping a neutral face. Know that what I mean by that is, while it is dangerous to blindly trust someone... He's been causing a lot of good since we met him. This isn't the same as Fifth, where they expect loyalty while doing all those things with even worse intentions. He's insane, yeah. Anyone can see that. But I think we can turn a blind eye just this once if it'll save everything.

...

Miko?

... Remember that the only reason I haven't flung you across the stadium yet is because the galaxy is still in danger.

He inwardly chuckled at that. Yeah, I will.

"Tsurugi." A call from the keeper snapped him out of their shared trance. The alien only gestured his head towards the field before walking to his position.

Half-time is over.

The order aside, the match was turning into everything he could ever hope for. He could clash with his rival, keep his promise to his new friend, and help save the galaxy in his own way... All with his favorite person by his side (or at least, as close as she could be). His heart was beating louder and louder in anticipation for what's to come.