SIDE GO: Isolation and Unlimited Frustration

Months had passed since their first meeting. He had gone under secret training with a lot of other kids, and Kuroki had acknowledged him as one of the best players among them. Now, all he had to do was complete it.

Kyousuke got off at the city's station and found his friend waiting patiently. When she noticed him, she immediately walked over.

"Hey." She greeted. "So, they bought it?"

"I wouldn't be here if they didn't." He shrugged.

His family would never agree to him making this decision. He informed them it was a training camp for soccer players, though he lied about the people he's going with. All they knew was that Kimiko was with him.

"Alright..." She pursed her lips in thought before adding. "I just... I'll warn you one last time. The place you're going to isn't normal. You can get really, really hurt..."

He nodded. "I got it. And I know you can't be with me all the time too."

"And―"

"Some of them might even have their own objectives with the children they bring in. I know. I won't let them use me for things unrelated to my goal. I'm going for my brother and only my brother."

She finally showed him a small smile. "Good. I don't think you'll stay for long. You've already been accepted to Raimon, right?"

"Yeah."

"Then, if nothing goes wrong, you should be back before Orientation Day."

"I hope so. I don't want to look disgraceful in front of Gouenji-san's school."

She chuckled in reply. Though, for a second there, he thought she was forcing it.

She turned away before he could confirm. "Well, let's go. The others are waiting."

"Others?"

"There are multiple training facilities around the country. You'll be meeting those who were at the top of their own. Just like you, they're all kids who Fifth Sector either scouted or made deals with. Most are your age, though there are those who may be older."

"Oh..."

They arrived at the Amano Mikado Stadium, where a bus was parked right by the entrance. He spotted the rest he was supposed to be travelling with all minding their own businesses inside. Not a single one of them was trying to mingle with the other. It felt... off.

"Ah, Tsurugi." Kuroki came in with the same smile he gave him yesterday. "You've arrived. I assume you are prepared for what is to come?"

Kyousuke bowed halfway. "Yes, sir."

"Very well, then." The man gave Kimiko a nod before clapping, earning the attention of everyone else. "It's time. Gather your things and get inside the bus. We'll be departing in ten minutes."

~~~~~

He opened his eyes and saw a field of flowers before him.

That's funny... I don't remember falling asleep.

He looked around and found a lot of the other kids waking up just as he did. One problem. They were all boys.

"Kimiko?" He stood up and took another good look at his surroundings. No blonde girl in sight. Where did she―

Kyou! I'm alright!

He flinched, his hand holding his head. "W-Wha..."

Sorry! It tends to sting a little the first time...