Liftoff of a Lifetime

"So it was you!" Kusaka smiled as the train departed. "Thanks a lot for saving my boys, Kimiko!"

The blonde chuckled. "Don't mention it. They're good people. And besides, I couldn't forgive those thugs for interrupting the match like that."

"So you were also the one the letter was from." Sakura said. "Our number one fan!"

"Kimiko-san," Manabe spoke up. "Will you also be joining our trip to space?"

"Of course! And please drop the formal suffix. I'm younger than you all, so it feels weird..."

"If you're a first-year like Tsurugi and captain, then you and Manabe should be the same age." Ibuki pointed out.

She blinked. "What makes you think I'm a first-year?"

"Didn't you say you were part of Raimon?"

"I also said I'm not old enough to enroll there yet, didn't I? I'm twelve. Technically, I'm supposed to be in elementary."

"...WHAT?!" After standing up to scream out his surprise, the white haired keeper fell back to his seat. "I lost... a point... to a child..."

"I-Ibuki-san..."

"Ibuki." Tsurugi called. "If it makes you feel any better, Kimiko went under similar training as me and Hakuryuu. Don't beat yourself up too hard over it."

"I... I don't know if that does make me feel better actually..."

"So Kimiko is a SEED then?" Matatagi asked.

"You guys know what SEEDs are?" Shindou asked, surprised.

"Tsurugi told us about them." Sakura replied. "Kids who undergo special training on the God Eden island to help build up soccer clubs all over Japan, right?"

"That's... not wrong." He muttered. "Raimon did get much stronger when Tsurugi joined, so..."

Kimiko, sensing her best friend's discomfort, decided to change the topic. "Let's not think about it anymore. I want to ask an important question now."

"What is it, Kimiko?" Aoi asked.

"For all those who didn't come from Raimon, can I call you guys without the '-san' suffix?"

They sweatdropped at her. "That's the important question?!"

"I wanted to make sure you're okay with it so I don't make the same mistake with Raimon!"

"What mistake?" Minaho asked.

"I started calling Tenma, Aoi, and a few others immediately by their first names without a suffix even though they're older without asking. It's because I grew up calling Kyousuke... Well, 'Kyousuke', so I ended up getting too comfortable with everyone else his age."

"Well, I don't mind." Sakura smiled. "You can call me by my first name too if you'd like."

"Thank you, Sakura!"

"No problem!"

"I don't particularly mind either." Manabe stated, Minaho nodding beside him. "You're a very casual person, so I suppose I'll also call you Kimiko as you wished."

"Me too." Tetsukado said.

"Call me whatever you like..." Ibuki sighed.

"Same here." Matatagi nodded.

"I'm good with it too." Kusaka said, giving a thumbs up.

"Thanks!" She then turned to the smaller girl. "Morimura-san? Can I also call you without the suffix?"