A Temporary Answer

This time, the caravan landed in the forest, where they woke up after they were saved last time. They explained the details to Kurama, who wasn't with them during Holy Road, and Taiyou and Kinako, who weren't in Raimon when it happened. Tenma, Shindou, Tsurugi, Shinsuke, Nishiki, and the managers also explained what had happened while most of them were brainwashed.

"So now, we're here to see this Shuu person again?" Taiyou asked.

"That's the plan, or so she said." Tsurugi replied, eying the still-sleeping blonde.

"I wonder what kind of person he is..." Kinako said.

"You'll see soon enough." Tenma hopped out of the caravan, and looked around. "Shuu! Are you here? We're back!"

Kurama frowned as he and the rest followed. "Does anyone really live here? It looks pretty deserted."

"Well, whenever we see Shuu, it's always either here, by the waterfall, or at the stadium..." Shinsuke pointed out. Then he turned around at the sound of slow and heavy steps. "Um... Tsurugi, are you alright with carrying Kimiko around all day?"

The boy had somehow managed to get her on his back on his own. "It's fine. She'll be an even more pain to deal with if we leave her behind."

"What, is she going to complain until our ears fall off?"

"Precisely."

Midori sweatdropped. "I was being sarcastic..."

"Tenma! Everyone!"

A familiar voice came, turning their attention into the foliage. Out of the bushes, the black haired boy they were looking for appeared. He wore his usual black uniform.

"Shuu!" The brunette grinned as he ran up to him. "Good to see you again!"

And it was returned. "You too! Though, I wasn't expecting you to visit so soon."

"Ahaha... Yeah, a lot of things happened."

"I can see that. I can also feel a new kind of power coming from some of you." Then, his gaze turned to the three he hadn't met. "Hello. My name is Shuu."

They took turns taking his outstretched hand.

"Me first! Me first! I'm Nanobana Kinako! Hiya!"

"Kurama Norihito. Second-year in Raimon."

"Amemiya Taiyou. I'm from Arakumo Academy, but right now, I'm helping Raimon to bring soccer back."

"I see. In any case, welcome to God Eden." His eyes then landed at their sleeping friend before widening. "Is that...?"

"She's the whole reason we came here." Tsurugi immediately went straight to the point. "She just lost control of her keshin and it burnt her out completely. Still, she insisted on coming here, saying she had to talk to you."

That was when his smile dropped. "Alright. Lay her down. We can continue the discussion once she's comfortable."

He nodded and followed him to the large tree. With some help, he set her down before turning back to the black haired boy, who kneeled beside her and placed a hand on her forehead.

"Was she playing in a match?" He suddenly asked.

"No. She was on the sidelines the whole time."

"Then, was there anything off about it? Did she act strangely while she was watching?"

"There were times when it looked like she was in pain." Aoi said. "But they come and go so fast. It didn't seem to affect her in any way..."

"Hmm..." His hand finally lifted off her and he stood up, facing them with a serious expression. "I'll need you all to explain everything that happened in detail."