Edo Period V

"I see. So this is the power of Shinsengumi's best swordsman, Okita Souji." Zanark said, still smirking. "But your struggle is useless. You are no match for me."

The conch shell was blown on again.

Goblis had the ball, but this time, Kariya was able to stop him with an upgraded Hunter's Net.

"What?!"

He passed it to Taiyou, who passed it to Tenma before Shinjami could get to him.

Tsurugi and Okita-san's feelings... We won't put them to waste! The brunette thought as he charged ahead.

Zanark's eyes narrowed. "Impossible! Are you telling me that his plays renewed Raimon's strength?!"

Yasha managed to steal the ball from Tenma with Screwdriver, and she sent the ball to Shura, who gave it to Rasetsu. The purple haired boy used Ogre Blade, but this time, it was stopped by Shinsuke's Keshin Armed.

"He stopped our shoot?!"

"Ack―!" Kimiko felt something inside her pulsing, before quickly disappearing. She managed to hold herself together without alerting the others. Just now, that's... It's just like yesterday!

Shinsuke got the ball back to Tenma, but Zanark cut in. "I won't accept this! How can you be pushing us back?!" He forced his way through Fei's MixiMax form. He also sent Sakamoto and Kirino flying.

Is he... glowing?! It was pulsing again, with an even stronger force. This power is... It's not mine!

Nishiki made his way in front of the goal. "A head-to-head fight between two powers! I don't dislike that!"

The power that's fighting my keshin... is Zanark's?!

"The likes of you can't stop me!" He pushed through, and smirked at Shinsuke. "I'll show you the power of Zanark Domai― Again?! Damn it!" He kicked the ball, but no power went into it. Shinsuke was able to catch it easily.

He stopped moving, and dark energy burst out of him once again. As he screamed out, his keshin appeared. What's different is that its claw-like wings were tucked in its back, and it was bound by chains. He screamed and screamed until he was out of breath, and he continued on screaming.

"M-My body...!"

"Zanark!" Nishiki ran up and called on his keshin. "Sengoku Bushin Musashi! I'll save you right now!"

The giant samurai lifted its sword, and cut the chains with a swift slash. The energy around Zanark disappeared, his avatar along with it. He fell to his knees, trying to catch his breath.

"Are you okay?!"

"Why... Why did you help me?"

The ponytailed boy smiled. "Isn't that obvious? So I can fight with you to the end. All we want is to win through soccer."

"Now!" Daisuke the stone said. "MixiMax Nishiki with Sakamoto Ryouma! If Ryouma has acknowledged his big heart, then it should definitely work!"

And it did.

Nishiki now had blue eyes, with hair of the same color flowing messily like the ocean waves.

"So that's your new power?" Zanark smirked, immediately reverting to his previous self. "I'll take you on! Mixi Trans, Cao Cao!"

Shinsuke gave his senior the ball, and Zanark charged at him.

A whirlpool appeared, him with crossed arms at its center. Suddenly, a geyser sprouted from beneath his feet, turning into a dragon made of water, pushing through his opponent.