Ambushed

"That happened to you yesterday?!"

When they arrived at the soccer building the next morning, Kurama, Hayami, Hamano, Ichino, and Aoyama told them about how they were challenged to a soccer battle by a random group out of nowhere. Amagi, Kurumada, and Sangoku said they were challenged too. Of course, they were able to beat them, but it was still a strange thing to happen.

"Why challenge us with soccer when there's a soccer ban right now?" Shindou asked.

"I can only think of one reason." Fei said. "Protocol Omega must have put them under mind control. They probably plan to use soccer this way to beat Raimon's members."

"Then, by planting feelings of disappointment towards soccer, they'll turn that disappointment into hatred." Wondeba continued.

"Could it be..."

"The work of that new guy who replaced Beta?" Tsurugi asked.

"She called him 'Gamma', didn't she?" Kimiko piped in.

"That appears to be the case." The door opened and a blonde man came in, holding a purple bag. "They haven't given up yet."

"Gouenji-san!"

"Shuuya-nii!"

They gathered at the center of the room, all prepared to listen to why he was there.

"El Dorado isn't satisfied with just banning soccer." He explained. "They're moving towards eliminating soccer completely. There are some among those with a deep-seated love for soccer who still play in secret. Those people in particular have been attacked one after the other recently."

"That's exactly how those guys would treat them!"

"Yeah, that's for sure."

"They're trying to erase soccer completely in this time period. We need to hurry."

"Gouenji, did you get what I asked for?" Daisuke asked, floating over.

"Yes." With that, he opened the bag and pulled out a silver helmet, placing it on the table. "The artifact for Jeanne d'Arc. The helmet of courage."

"Eh... It was Gouenji-san you asked for help from?!"

"Shindou, try it on."

"No, that's okay."

"Nobunaga would wear a helmet, wouldn't he?"

"His helmet and this helmet are two different things!"

"I think I want to see you wearing it."

"Then, I'll wear it!"

"Cut it out, Nishiki!"

"I wanna wear it!"

"Wow, even after you've quit being the Holy Emperor, you're as busy as ever." Kimiko snickered. "On top of delaying the club building's demolition and finding Endou-san, you're also helping Daisuke-san with finding artifacts?"

"I'm also keeping you out of trouble." Her cousin said, poking her forehead.

"Haha! Touché."

Then, his smile suddenly dropped. "By the way, you said you'll be staying over at Tsurugi's place until the end of the month right?"

"Huh?" She blinked, processing his words. "Oh, uh, yeah...?"

"That was a good call. You shouldn't go back to your town for now."

"What? Why?"

"Masato was also targeted yesterday."

She snapped her head at him and so did the rest. "Masato-nii was―?!"