Aftermath Arc: The Afterparty

"My beloved people of Faram Orbius, and to all who live in the galaxy." The queen began as thirteen kneeled just a step below her platform. "The black hole has been vanquished and the galaxy has been saved. This is the fruit of those who love their planets and protect them to the fullest. And the ones who lent us great strength are those who came from the distant blue planet of Earth, the Earth Eleven. Let us shower them with our praise!"

As the crowd cheered, she began to distribute flower crowns to the team.

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

"This has taught me that no matter what happens from here on, anything can be accomplished when all planets unite as one. Let us continue to protect this peace!"

The official ceremony that was broadcasted ended just like that, but the party went on with laughter and cheers and food. Tenma had at some point given his flower crown to Aoi, and yelled at the top of his lungs his confession...

To the sport that brought them here.

Typical Tenma... She had a small smile as she watched the banquet go on for a while. But upon locking eyes with her best friend, and getting a small nod at that, she let out a rather exasperated sigh and made her way up to the throne.

"Hm? Kimiko?" The queen turned to face her just as she made it to the top. "How can I help you?"

She shook her head. "No... I just... needed to say something..."

"Oh? You may continue, then."

I'm not exactly asking for permission anyway. She kept herself from snapping back by taking a deep breath. Then, she bowed. "I'm sorry for accusing you of kidnapping Kyousuke. King Acrous told us everything, and we got some extra details from Princess Katora too. Ozrock was the one responsible for all of that, so... I'm sorry."

"Oh, no! Please don't worry about it! I―"

"Then, I won't." She knew it was rude to interrupt, but she couldn't help it. That was as much as she was willing to talk about it at that moment. Even though she apologized, she was still pissed at her for keeping him there. Without letting another word in, she left for the hallway.

~~~~~

"You go talk to her."

"Me? But I―"

"The sooner the better, right? And I think she'd rather see you than me right now anyway."

"That's impossible." Please, no...

"Not at this moment, it's not. She's mad at me too, with how much I sided with Lalaya these past few days." Amber eyes bore through his crimson ones. "Right now, you're probably the only one she'll listen to."

Please don't give me that kind of hope...

He knew that wasn't his intention, and yet...

He turned towards the door before glancing back at the ace striker. Getting a gesture signaling for him to go, he hesitantly followed the blonde out the door.

It took a bit of scouring, but he managed to find her at a balcony not too far away.

"Kimiko-san―"

"If you try to drag me back into the same room as that queen, I'm jumping off this balcony."

"Wh―?!"

"That's both a promise and a threat."

O... Okay then... "I was... just going to offer some food..."

That was when she finally turned to face him, her face completely expressionless until she saw the two plates he had in his hands. He inwardly sighed while mentally patting himself on the back for the call to grab some stuff off the table before coming out as he watched her face lit up ever so slightly.