Lost in a Big Bang II

The princess was talking to a tall man in a lab coat, but as soon as the royal army came, she ran straight to Sarjes. She asked him about the initiation excitedly. He answered her with the same energy.

The rest of the knights watched in both awe and envy. But while they're jealous of the attention he was getting, they were also glad that the girl was so happy.

She continued to ask about his condition, worrying over the slightest detail on injuries that she noticed. And yet, every time, the boy would grin and proudly call them his medals from battle. The man in the lab coat piped in a comment or two, to which he would retort as well.

The surroundings suddenly fade, and the boy was suddenly no longer so scrawny. The girl was no longer so small.

Several years had passed and the vision shows the two in the palace garden, looking over a beautiful moat.

"Father... Why did you have to leave me alone..."

"Princess! Please don't cry! If you cry, then the king would be heartbroken!" Sarjes called out to her, surprising her. "The king fought until the end. He was great and valiant. Don't be... sad..."

And yet, despite being the one to say so, he was the louder one to burst into tears.

"Sarjes..."

~~~~~

"Sarjes and Katora... and there was Potomuri too..." Tenma recalled them one by one as they reawakened in their own reality. "Are these all events that happened before Kiel was destroyed...?"

"So that was the fucker that hijacked my body..." Seeing Mizukawa cracking her knuckles, those standing near her quickly decided to stop doing so.

"Chill out. He's already dead."

"M-Matatagi!"

"What? You're gonna yell at me for telling the truth now too?"

"T-That's not...!"

Kimiko placed a hand on Shinsuke's head to stop him, because quite honestly, that conversation wasn't worth continuing. Then, she turned to the rest. "Let's go. Pixie's already on the move again."

She pointed downwards, where the little creature was headed. Their only choice was to follow through the discs again.

After teleporting to another rock, the one below the door this time, they found many more broken monuments as they scoured for another disc. It was starting to feel like they were going through some sort of monster movie.

Or an alien movie would be more fitting I guess... Kimiko's thoughts made it into the navy haired boy's mind.

So he casually responds to them as usual. With a side of dystopia and drama.

The drama bits are just from the flashbacks that we're seeing though.

That doesn't denounce my point.

... Fair.

Finding the last disc on top of a set of stone steps, they teleported to the final island they have yet to explore.

Upon first glance, they could already tell the island was different from all the rest. It was at the area's lowest point, and a gigantic circular contraption took up most of its space. Pixie was floating on a disc placed on one side of the contraption, the only side with stairs they could climb up. But as soon as they got up top, they found that there was no platform. There was just a hole, one much darker than the space surrounding them.