Wherever You Are

No one knew how or why, but the fact is that Earth Eleven won.

"It was a tough fight."

"Yes."

"Be grateful. We won thanks to my hard work."

Matatagi and Minaho had both unlocked their Souls as well, with the former becoming more... expressive... truthful... snarky. But they've accepted him, and while it may take some time to get used to, the change was warmly welcomed.

Heading back to the station wasn't as rough as it was on Sandorias, perhaps because the looks the Sazanaaran were giving them weren't much different from when they first arrived. They were still judgemental and cold.

Kamata greeted them when they arrived and suddenly said that they could call back to their friends on Earth every week if they wanted to. When Matatagi asked to make the first call to his brothers, no one objected, so they each headed back to their own rooms to rest before lift off.

Right as she walked into hers, her time bracelet activated.

A very familiar laugh boomed around the room, so loudly that she immediately muted her device. After making sure no one noticed, and seeing the one on the other side of the screen calming down, she sat on her chair and unmuted it.

"Z, what the hell?" She hissed. "I don't mind your sudden calls, but you can't just howl like that! What if someone hears?"

"Isn't that the thrill, though?"

"Not if I'm the only one who'll get caught!" She sighed. "Then? What did you call for this time?"

"I'm surprised you're not mad anymore."

"I spent the whole day after you sent me back cursing at you, so I'm kind of already through it."

"So I see. But you do understand why I did it, right?"

She clicked her tongue. She didn't want to admit it, but... "Yeah. Kyousuke needs to stay on that planet if we want the galaxy to be saved, right? If you hadn't done what you did, I probably would've taken him back right then and there." She groaned. "Doesn't mean I like the direction this is going though."

"The proposal, you mean?"

"Ugh..."

"Relax. I doubt he'll marry her―"

"Of course he won't!" She cut off. "He has common sense! He wouldn't marry someone he just met, queen or not. He's not power-hungry, nor is he a player. The most he'd do is probably stall for time while either trying to find his way back here or waiting for us to come get him out of there."

"... So why are you so frustrated about this?"

"Because he's not here!" When those words fell from her lips, she felt all the tension in her body give away at once. Her head fell to the desk just as her vision started blurring. "He's not here and I can't do anything...!"

He held back from commenting, simply watching as she cried silently. This wasn't the first time she behaved this way. In fact, it happened quite a lot when they were travelling through the timelines together. Especially after that incident. She'd burst into tears at the slightest thing that reminded her of the navy haired striker, and if anyone confronted her about it, she'd come up with every excuse imaginable, anything to make herself seem less childish.

Stubborn kid.

Out of everyone in his team, Shuten was always the best at comforting her. Shinjami was a close second. Rasetsu, Org and Goblis were great at distracting her. He wasn't good at either, so the best he could do was kick the rest of his team out of the room to give her the space she probably needed. Or if they were alone, like right now, he'd just stay there and listen to whatever incoherent mutterings she wants to let out.