Forgotten Days

"Show me the soccer you guys have always done!"

That's Endou Mamoru alright. Kimiko couldn't help the small smile appearing on her face as the whole team was refreshed with a new energy to them. Just as she opened her mouth to wish them luck, another voice cut her off from the tunnel.

"Kimiko!"

"Masato-nii?"

Her brother gave a wry smile at the group before turning back to her. "Sorry, but I need you to come with me."

"Wha... Now?" She tilted her head slightly. "We're just halfway through the match, though..."

"I know. But I wouldn't call on you like this if it wasn't important, right?"

"I guess..." With a sigh, she shrugged and stood up. "Alright then."

"Kimiko."

Her smile immediately returned at her best friend's call. She turned around and landed her fist on his shoulder. "You don't have to tell me. I'm not worried. I know you guys can get through this."

"Just making sure." He placed a hand on her arm.

She pulled back and clasped it with the same hand. "The last half of the last match. I can't be there in person, but―"

"You'll be pushing our backs. I know." He smirked. "From beginning to the end, for real this time."

"Oh, like the last two times weren't?" She rolled her eyes playfully before nodding. "Until the final whistle and every single child in Feida is saved from impending doom. Fight hard!"

"Yeah!"

~~~~~

To say that the second half proceeded smoothly was a blatant lie, but they couldn't have wished for a better result.

They started with a plan to mark every player on the field, knowing that if they were to go one-on-one, it would be a relatively even match. But when their opponents showcased their speed again, they switched to using Keshin Armed to block them. Zanark followed suit and used his armed Makaiou Zodiac to try and get them their second goal, but it failed.

Still, their passes all connected. It was a start.

From there, they kept on encouraging one another, doing their best not to let the pressure of the fate of the world bother them too much.

Saru tried to score a goal with his Keshin Armed again, but they were able to stop it this time by working together. And from there, they connected their passes to create a hissatsu tactic, Grand Luster. Tenma used his own Keshin Armed to score their next point with God Wind.

They scored another one with Fei's Ouja no Kiba.

Saru, Meia and Giris tried to retaliate, but they were able to stop them again. At a bit of a cost.

They've used up most of their energy, and soon, their MixiMaxes would come undone. They decided to use it to face their opponent to the very end.

After a few encouraging words from their coach, they were able to pull the momentum back to their side, scoring another goal with Tenma, Fei, and Tsurugi's Saikyou Eleven Hadou.

With the whole team at their limits, Tenma called for them all to attack together. He was the one to clash with Saru, the ball slipping from their scuffle and flying into the air.

Fei, Tsurugi and Shindou were next to use Saikyou Eleven Hadou to score their fifth and leading goal.

All the while, on The Lagoon's side of the pitch, Saru struggled to stand. It appeared he injured his leg in the clash, but Giris and the rest of his team helped him up. Their expressions had changed.