SIDE CS: Her First Tears

"EHHH?! KOREA?! TOMORROW?!"

"Calm down. It's only for a little while."

"How long is 'a little while'?! I'm supposed to meet with Kyousuke again the day after!"

"Kimiko... Sorry, but you're going to have to skip this week."

... Those were the last words she wanted to hear. No, she didn't want to hear them at all.

But she didn't have a choice. She was the reason they were going in the first place. It was all because of these stupid abilities she never asked for.

By the time the sun started rising the next day, her bags were already packed for her and her brother dragged her out of bed, making sure they wouldn't be late for the plane. Her one regret was that she couldn't tell her friend about her sudden trip, but eventually, she decided to just explain everything when she gets back.

It shouldn't take too long... Right?

She would only be going for training purposes. Her brother was offered a temporary job to help a friend train their own soccer kids, so he figured it would be beneficial to group her in with them. While she agreed with that point, she can't say she liked it.

But I guess... If I can finish up fast, then I should be able to get back that much sooner.

She just had to behave and do well. She could do that.

A small smile finally appeared on her lips when the plane began to lift off the ground. On the window seat, she could see her city shrinking further and further.

New places means new people... Maybe I can finally make some more friends.

Closing her eyes, her best friend's face came to mind almost immediately.

Hehe... He's going to be so jealous!

~~~~~

"Hi there, I'm―"

"Hello, I am―"

"G-Good afternoon. My name is―"

Gouenji. Gouenji. Gouenji.

That was all she was to them. That was all they saw the moment she uttered her name.

It was fine at first. They would come and talk to her with shining eyes, asking about her relation to the Gouenji Shuuya.

But slowly, those same eyes began to change.

Some of them went,

"Huh? No hissatsu techniques?"

"You can't even use Fire Tornado?!"

"Are you sure you're related?"

While others...

"Why won't you give me his number?!"

"You have to tell me his address! I just want to send a present!"

"If I knew you were going to be this difficult, I wouldn't have wasted my time talking to you."

She grew tired of it all rather quickly. Eventually, she gave up on talking to them and focused solely on her own training. She had a different regiment than theirs anyway, so it wasn't like she'll see them everyday.

But even that began to be a problem.

"Kimiko, is something wrong? Your progress has slowed down compared to when we first got here." Her brother asked during their break time.

She shook her head. "I'm fine. Just a little bit tired."

"Tired? But it's only your third day."

She didn't know how else to respond. She couldn't describe the empty feeling inside her.