Sandorias IV

"So, what's the training menu for today, trainer?"

The entire room turned to Tetsukado with surprised faces.

"What?"

Kimiko finished her drink before looking up at him again. "You want to use the menu I set up?"

"Well, yeah. I wouldn't be asking for it otherwise."

"Is that really fine for you, man?" Kusaka asked.

"Totally!" He defended― Fittingly enough as an actual defender. "You guys didn't see what I did yesterday. She was able to make full use of the holograms of you guys when we were trapped in the Black Room. We wouldn't have gotten the one point so easily if she didn't take command!"

"To be fair, they were just holograms." She reminded. "Like I said, they don't have the capability to grow, or even think. If it was the real team, then you could've done it all without me."

"Hey, I'm defending you here! Why are you being so modest?!"

"It's just the facts!" She let out a smile. "But if you're serious, then I'll give you what you want. I'll give you the programs best suited for you, since the Hard course seemed just a little bit unreliable."

"Please define 'unreliable'." Minaho interrupted. "The Hard course has helped us all greatly in increasing our abilities."

"That it has, but can you really say it's efficient?"

"That's..."

"The Hard course is a randomized set of programs with levels varying from 5 to 7, with the exclusion of the God Eden data." Manabe stated. "It does indeed help us balance our strengths and weaknesses..."

"But if balance is all you do, you'll never be able to do anything more." Kimiko stated. "Let's take Tenma and Shindou-san for example. They're both midfielders, but the ways they play are vastly different. Tenma specializes in dribbling and constantly helps the front to attack, while Shindou-san is usually at the back, controlling the flow of the game from behind to support them."

"Attack and support..."

"There's only a few people who've been able to do it all." She accidentally let her eyes wander to her second student. "To be frank, I've only met one person capable of being an all-rounder, but he's not exactly normal, so we won't talk about him."

You aren't exactly normal yourself...

I can hear you loud and clear, Kyou.

The navy haired boy only continued chewing on his lunch.

"Rather than balancing everything," She continued. "I think it'll be better to increase what each of you specialize at so that you can all harmonize those abilities and make something even more powerful!"

"'Harmonize', huh..." Ibuki muttered, his eyes glancing over to Shindou for a moment before nodding. "Alright. Kimiko, give me mine too."

"I-Ibuki of all people?!"

"Hey! You didn't have to say it like that!"

Sakura laughed sheepishly. "Sorry, sorry. It's just not like you..."

"The old me probably wouldn't want to either, but a certain someone told me that soccer is a harmony played by eleven people. And it's not like the kid's wrong."

"That's... true." Kusaka nodded slowly.

"I agree too." Matatagi nodded. "Let's all try it out."

"Alright, then! Give me a minute, I'll get the tablet." And it did only took her a minute. "My plan is we spend about two hours with these menus, and then the rest of the time, we'll practice in the field outside. That way, you can get as much experience with the gravity and climate as possible before the match tomorrow."