SIDE GO: Broken

"After all, it was all your fault." The man said, frowning down at him. "If it wasn't for you, your brother would be playing out in the world by now. You took his dreams from him, so you have to make it right."

"I-I... I will..." She watched the blue haired boy push his body up shakily. "I'll fix everything..."

She swallowed. No, Kyousuke, stop! Your body can't take anymore...

I have to do this... I have to master it! "One more time... Kensei Lancelot!"

The gigantic knight appeared out of his back as his foot went behind the ball. The moment he kicked it, the knight lunged its sword at the cannons, slicing through them.

All but one.

The cannon fired and he could just barely block it with his keshin's shield. Then, he collapsed, his keshin disappearing.

"An improvement from last time, but you're not quite there yet." The man tipped his hat, a signal for the other staff members to carry him to the medical ward.

She couldn't do anything but watch.

~~~~~

It took him a week to finally master it and create a hissatsu technique. The amount of power he had destroyed the training room too. On top of it all, he was able to summon his keshin a total of six times before getting too tired.

He passed the criteria for being one of the first-ranked SEEDs.

So why was she still so worried?

"You keshin-havers sure are lucky." Though his words implied frustration, Isozaki was smirking. "Bet you'll be scouted into the ultimate team Kibayama-san keeps talking about."

"Hakuryuu and Tsurugi's spots are guaranteed, huh? Makes me want to hurry up and master mine." Hayabusa had a similar expression on. He had only learned he had a keshin a couple of weeks after he arrived on the island.

"I heard you're a candidate too, Hebino." Hakuryuu said, earning a nod from the taller boy. "Keep up your hard work."

"I'll be sure to."

"And Tsurugi?" The blue haired boy turned to him with a blank look. "Are you sure you're not interested in becoming part of the ultimate team?"

"... That has nothing to do with me."

"Seriously?" Hayabusa raised an eyebrow at him. "You're really turning down the offer?"

"Leave him be." Isozaki grunted. "He's a lone wolf. Of course being in a team wouldn't interest him."

"It is a shame." Hakuryuu sighed as Tsurugi went back to ignoring them. He then turned to the blonde girl leaning against the door frame. "And what of you, Kimiko? You may be an observer, but that keshin of yours seems quite powerful. Are you not going to join?"

She shook her head. "I have my own duties to fulfil. Joining the so-called ultimate team isn't one of them."

"Another shame." He sighed again before a smirk appeared on his lips. "Well, no matter. If we won't be allies, then we'll be opponents. I'll look forward to the day I'll go against either or both of you."

Suddenly the blue haired boy got up.

"Hm? Tsurugi?"

He answered the question yet to be asked. "Dining hall."

"Eh? Dinner time already?" Hayabusa asked, getting up. "Wow, it really is that late. I call dibs on the showers!"

"Hakuryuu, I'll head in the bath first." Hebino stated.