Best Friends

"I'll keep my promise to him no matter what! Come out, my true keshin! Acheri no Megami, Artemis!"

Shadows came out of her back and her completed avatar appeared. However, it no longer had the hood over its head nor a mask, showing a gold headpiece on its long, platinum-blonde hair, and a playful expression.

"Acheri no Megami's true form!" Kinako exclaimed.

"Artemis, eh?" Nishiki grinned.

"Looks super strong!" Sangoku said.

This is your heart's true strength... He felt something tugging at his own. Realizing that the whole enemy team's attention was on his friend, he made his way further up the field.

"This is just the beginning!" She smiled up at her keshin. "Artemis, thank you for finally trusting me. I understand your purpose now, so for that sake, will you lend me just a bit more power?"

The archer goddess seemed to return her smile.

"I'm counting on you! Artemis! Armed!" The giant turned back into shadows and engulfed her completely before dispersing. She was suddenly in white and gold armor with a gold headpiece on her head and a hooded cloak draped over her shoulders.

"MixiMax and Keshin Armed at the same time?!"

"That'll take up a ton of energy..."

"Be careful, Kimiko!"

But she only smiled at her teammates' concern. "Don't worry. I can handle this much."

She got past the ones surrounding her, and made her way through the enemy field. Suddenly, she stopped and made a particularly hard kick.

"A long shot?!"

"Wrong!" The navy haired boy smirked as the ball slowed down right as it reached his feet. "Kensei Lancelot! Armed!"

He gathered up his energy for a power shot. His right leg was screaming, but...

The set-up for victory in the next game!

And with all the effort she put into getting the ball to him, he couldn't disappoint. Letting out a cry, he mustered every last bit of power he had and kicked a curveball.

"Where are you aiming?" The enemy defenders sneered.

"Akatsuki no Miko, Amaterasu! Armed!" Kinako called out her keshin, turning it into a white and orange armor. "I'll get it in!"

"Nanobana is unmarked and she makes the shoot!"

Caught off guard, both by the trick and because the one kicking was a defender, despite calling out his keshin, the ball got through.

"GOAL! El Dorado Team 01 finally takes a point!"

All three of their armors faded. As he and Kinako moved back to their positions, he spotted Kimiko undoing her MixiMax.

"Thank you, Yuu-san. I'll be fine on my own now." She then looked up and walked over to him, smiling slightly. "Sorry for worrying you."

He slapped the back of her shoulder in response. "Honestly... You keep scolding me about not being careful, yet you go and make all those reckless plays."

"Ahaha... Guess I'm the real hypocrite, huh?"

"Are you alright, Kimiko?" Ichino asked. "You must've used up a lot of energy there."

"You took on quite a beating too." Aoyama added.

"I'm fine." She was far more confident than before. "After all, I managed to keep my promise again."