Half Truths

"Wow... This is a really big park!"

"You've never been here before?"

"I've passed by it a few times, but I never actually went in."

"I kinda figured since you're usually at the riverbank, which is at the other side of town."

"Ahahaha..."

Raimon had won against Kaiou Academy in the finals of the district preliminaries, and was moving up in the national tournament. Not only had they beaten Gassan Kunimitsu, Hakuren, and Kidokawa Seishuu, but their numbers had also increased with Ichino Nanasuke, Aoyama Shunsuke, Kariya Masaki, Kageyama Hikaru, and Nishiki Ryouma joining the team.

That made Fifth Sector wary and they were sent away for a 'training camp', to a place known as God Eden. After fighting against their strongest team, Zero, and spreading their revolution even there, they found their way back home. As of this moment, they had just arrived back at Inazuma Town.

"But this place is even bigger than the field at the riverbank!"

"It's where a lot of families gather to have picnics and play, so what do you expect?"

"Oh, I guess you're right."

Haruna's gaze fell on their relaxed expressions. "Alright, then how about we all take a break here before heading home?"

Tenma's ears perked up. "Like a club picnic?"

"Exactly!"

The three managers turned to each other with large smiles. They opened their bags and laid out several cloth blankets under a tree.

"Good thing we brought these." Midori stated. "We couldn't use them on that island, but now I'm glad that they didn't turn out to be a waste of space."

"You mean you were hoping we'd have a picnic at a Fifth Sector training facility?"

"Nishiki! If you don't shut up, you're not getting any food!"

"What?! Oh, come on! That's just evil!"

"Okay, everyone! Just make yourselves comfortable." Haruna smiled as some of them already began to make their way to the picnic blankets. "The managers and I will get some snacks for you all."

"Any requests?" Aoi already had a notepad out and soon, she was scribbling lots and lots of notes.

Shinsuke smiled as he watched the girls leave. "Miss Otonashi is really nice."

Shindou nodded. "Yeah. We were only looking around. I didn't think she'd suggest a picnic so suddenly."

"You kids must be tired after all." Kidou commented. He had come to Raimon under the resistance's orders for him to be their trainer. And after the match against Hakuren, when Endou had received a tip from Fubuki Shirou and left to investigate Fifth Sector, Teikoku's commander was put in charge as their new coach. "She'd want you to properly relax after that long boat trip."

Tenma laid down, closing his eyes as took a deep breath before sighing wistfully. "The air sure is nice... Don't you think, Tsurugi?" He blinked when he didn't get a reply. "Tsurugi?"

"He's over there." Kariya pointed at the navy haired boy, who was standing just a little bit away from them.

"Is he spacing out?" Sangoku asked.

"That'll be a first." Kurumada chuckled.

Tenma walked up to him and followed his gaze. "Are you watching them play?" He remained silent.

Amagi laughed at that. "Tsurugi has a soft spot for kids? Who knew?"

A pair of kids were passing the ball to each other, laughing without a care. They were even trying to imitate some popular moves.