Interval 5 - Nine and Ten

"Wow... Your school is really big!"

He had invited her to his elementary as they were holding a little festival. She had passed by the building a few times, but this was her first time going in. Not a single corner of the field was left undecorated. Snack stalls lined up in the lobby while some of the classrooms were used as souvenir shops, or mini cafes in the older students' case.

Currently, they were in his class on one of the upper floors, looking down from the windows. The rooms there were mostly used as storage areas for spares that the groups of students might need.

"Yeah, unlike you."

"It's only been two weeks since you grew taller than me, Kyou. Two. Weeks."

"Serves you right for patting my head like I'm a kid all the time. I'm still older than you, so show me some respect."

"You liked it!"

"Yeah, when I was six." He rolled his eyes.

"Oh, so just because you're ten now, you're suddenly too cool for head pats?" She stuck her tongue out at him. "Jokes on you, 'cause I'll never stop no matter how tall you grow." A smirk formed on her lips. "Actually, I might even add to that and start tackling you in hugs."

"You wouldn't." He almost sounded threatened.

"Accept my affection, Kyou!"

"No!" He sidestepped to dodge her. From there, it became a game of chase. Luckily, no one else was present.

Suddenly, the speakers all around the school chimed the intro bell simultaneously. "Attention to all guests and participants. The exhibition match will begin in 14:30. To those who wish to have a seat in the bleachers, please come to the outdoor field to purchase a ticket. Ticket sales end at 14:15. Thank you."

"We've got half an hour." The boy stated. "Let's go. Our assistant coach is the one selling the tickets, so I can introduce you to the team while we're at it."

Her eyes gleamed at the mention of his soccer team. She heard plenty of stories about them from him, from their personalities to their play styles. "Oh, fun!"

They headed down and through the back entrance. People were starting to gather, but it wasn't too full yet. The two navigated their way to the side of the field, dodging past the waves of adults and children alike as if they were an enemy soccer team trying to block them from the goal. It didn't take too long before they came face to face with a woman in a tracksuit, sitting behind a stall.

"Assistant Coach." Kyousuke bowed in greeting, Kimiko following after.

"Tsurugi. You're pretty early." She smiled kindly at him. She gestured to a small shelter behind her. It was the soccer club's changing room. "Only the captain's inside right now. The others are still out eating or shopping."

"That's alright. We're here to buy a ticket." He pointed at the girl behind him. "Are there any VIP tickets left?"

She gave them an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, but those tickets sold out some time before lunch." Seeing their disappointed faces, she quickly added. "But maybe we can get you a good place in the regular seats?"

"I guess there's no other way..." Suddenly, another idea popped into her head. "Okay! Then what about a seat that's near the enemy's goal?"

"Near the enemy's?" The woman blinked in confusion. "Why there?"

"That's where strikers get the most action!" She answered. "If there's anywhere Kyousuke's going to shine on the field, it's there! And I want to be the closest person to witness it!"