A Sense of Unity

The team was divided. Kirino had decided to join Shindou in the fight for real soccer, while the rest were planning to obey Fifth Sector. Tsurugi had every intention of making sure the score order was fulfilled.

As they got out into the field, a boy with black and white hair walked over to their side, switching pleasantries with Tsurugi.

"That guy's look screams trouble." Midori turned to the blonde on the other end of the bench. "Hey, do you know him?"

She gave a rather strained smile. "Yeah, I do. Unfortunately, his attitude is hard to forget."

"So that means he's a SEED." Aoi nodded to herself. "But Kimiko, is it really okay for you to tell us this?"

She shrugged. "I mean, you're bound to find out sooner or later."

Right after the first kick off, Tsurugi stole the ball. Isozaki charged at him, but he was pushed away as the latter did a back pass. Or so they thought. With the amount of strength he put into his kick, it went straight into the goal.

All jaws dropped to the ground, Kimiko not excluded. She knew he'd try to 'destroy' them, but she didn't expect him to do that. Seeing the navy haired boy's exchange with the skunk, because he really couldn't have dyed it any other color with that style, she was sure things will only go from bad to worse.

It was Raimon's kick off next. Kurama passed to Shindou, who made a back pass to Tenma. He used Soyokaze Step to get past a midfielder, but the ball was immediately stolen by Isozaki. One of them moved along the side, and though it seemed like he was passing to him, the ball curved and instead hit Hamano, who was trying to block him. Luckily he wasn't hurt.

The match continued with Mannouzaka's throw in. Tenma tried to steal the ball, but instead, at the very last second, it was kicked to his stomach. While the brunette was shaking on the ground, he made a pass.

Luring them in to make the greatest damage... She suppressed a sigh. It was Mannouzaka after all.

"Everyone, be careful!" Shindou called. "They're planning to hurt us! Just like last time!" They all knew he was referring to the match against Kuro no Kishidan.

When Shinsuke tried to chase after the ball, he was elbowed on his back. Even the commentator noticed, but the referees didn't. The other players were blocking his view, so no cards were held up.

The experts of foul play... Her gaze went to her friend. Unbeknownst to her, Endou read her expression. She was waiting for something, and frankly, so was he.

Tenma chased after that boy, but got hurt himself. And one by one, all of Raimon got a hit. When Kirino sensed that it was his turn next, he jumped to dodge the slide tackle, but the landing went wrong. Eventually, Sangoku ran into the field, hoping to help his teammates, but he was sent flying back to the goalpost. The ball bounced over to Tsurugi, who passed it to Hayami. With that said, the red head became the next target of their foul play.

It was still the first half, but just about the entire team was down. Kimiko turned her gaze to the stands. Many of them were whispering, while others made faces of discomfort. But none of them moved. Even while watching all of this, not a single one of them made any complaints... Whether it's because they didn't care enough or because of the bystander effect, she couldn't be bothered to peek into their minds to find out. After all, on the sidelines, she was just as powerless.

"Wait! The game... isn't over yet!"

The edge of her lips tugged up to a small smile. Matsukaze Tenma never ceased to interest her. Even when Isozaki kicked the ball at him, he still stood up again... and again, and again, and again.