Edo Period I

"Don't scare us like that!"

"Sorry, sorry. But I can't help it if I woke up that early."

"You could've woken one of us up!"

"It's fine, isn't it? Kyousuke was already awake too..."

"Now, now." Tenma was holding back a fuming Aoi. "It's alright, right? Kimiko's listened to everything we told her to do yesterday. She looks a lot more energized now, so there's no reason to keep getting mad at her, is there?"

"Well... I suppose..."

Kimiko mouthed a thank you at the brunette before exchanging glances with the navy haired boy. They hadn't meant to wake at five in the morning, but it worked in their favor. No one needed to know they spent the night together in his brother's room.

"By the way," Kirino said, staring at the multiple plates of sandwiches laid out on the coffee table. "Did you two make all this on your own?"

"Kyousuke took care of cooking the bacon, minced meat and washing the veggies and stuff. I just mixed up the ingredients and put them together." Kimiko replied as she continued biting down the one she already had.

"Sorry for the trouble." Taiyou said.

Tsurugi grunted. "If you're actually sorry, you wouldn't have insisted on staying in the first place."

He got a nervous laugh in reply. "We'll handle the clean up to make it up to you."

"Mm! But these are so good!" Kinako said, her eyes sparkling.

Fei followed her lead and made the same expression. "They really are! Tsurugi, you're such a good cook!"

"And the arrangement of the ingredients are perfect..." Shindou complimented. "Nice job, Kimiko."

"Well, in Kyou's case, he has to be able to cook this well since he lives alone most times." Kimiko pointed out.

"Oh yeah, your parents are out of town, aren't they?" Midori asked, earning a shrug.

"It's no big deal. They're busy so it can't be helped."

"That's such a mature way of thinking!"

"Makes me wonder who the real senior is here..."

"I heard that, Shinsuke!"

"Yikes!"

The rest of breakfast time ensued noisily. Some made a bit of a mess, while others were scolding and cleaning up after them. But even though it was chaotic, the blonde noticed the small smile her best friend had.

She couldn't help a smile of her own. Good for you, Kyou. You deserve this.

The minute they had finished tidying up everything, including themselves and their belongings, beeps came from Aoi's person. She took out her phone from her pocket and answered it.

"Hello? Miss Otonashi?"

~~~~~

"Emergency meeting? Did something happen?" Tenma asked when they reached the soccer club building.

And it wasn't just them. All of their friends had come to see what their club counselor had to say.

But she gave them a smile to ease their worries. "Gouenji-san wanted me to give this to Daisuke-san." She said, holding up a photo.

"So he got it!" The stone flew out of Aoi's pocket once again.

"What's that?"

"Sakamoto Ryouma's photograph."