Sandorias VI

With Barga once again in charge, the Sandorias Eleven were back to using their home terrain to their advantage. Kimiko had long since left her seat to stand on the far side of the bench, closer to where Ichikawa was sitting. He had been silent throughout the entire struggle, observing everything without a word.

How did someone like him end up with a descendant like Zanark? That was a question she had wondered a lot during her entire time training him. She had even asked Professor Aruno about it once, but him being him, she didn't get a straight answer. Zanark himself couldn't care less about his lineage, always only focused on becoming the best version of himself he could be. Also the most chaotic, but all of Zanark Domain loves him for it (And as much as she hates to admit, she does too. She wouldn't let him call her his sister otherwise).

Back on the pitch, everything was getting messy. With the constant dirty plays, they had to deal with more and more close calls. The team was starting to get fed up with it.

The enemy captain was also struggling with Barga and half of his teammates.

"Hey, hey, hey! The Earth Eleven are battered and bruised from Sandorias' rough plays! There's no telling how this match will end! Until time is up... Don't miss it!"

Well, it's still the first half, but saying our team's battered and bruised kinda hints to people we're going to lose...

"Don't fight!" Konoha's sudden yell snapped her out of her thoughts. "You're all friends that I love! You're all such kind people! Don't be annoyed or angry!"

Kusaka, who was about to pick a fight with the enemy member, immediately calmed down at her words. Though, it was difficult to tell if anyone else was listening with how much they were glaring at each other.

Kimiko's gaze dropped to her hands. They were whole. So that means...

"We will win." Just as she thought so, Ichikawa said the same, earning surprised looks from Shinsuke and Aoi. "It was necessary in this match that we feel as if we were in danger."

"What do you mean?"

"The team is feeling pressured. But it isn't the opponent that is pressuring us. It is Coach Kuroiwa." The man made no reaction as they all turned to him. "The coach drove us into a tight spot on purpose. He is waiting for this team to awaken to its real power."

In other words, the power of the beasts... Well, it's no wonder the training menus didn't work then. They all still felt safe.

Ichikawa stood up to face him properly. "Coach, please allow me to perform in the match."

There was only a short pause before―

"Very well. Change the flow of the game."

"I thought you would say that."

And so, they switched out Matatagi for him, with the former only complaining slightly. He remained quiet as he took his seat. Meanwhile, Ichikawa's first move is to talk to Konoha.

"I want to protect everyone!"

As a result, the much shorter girl went to Tenma, earning wide eyes. They exchanged nods and the match resumed.

Tenma's first move was to pass the ball to her, and she started making her way up the field. She made a pass to avoid Kazelma, but the ball was caught by Barga instead. The alien started to move in to attack.

"I won't lose. I'll protect everyone!"

Konoha did the same, a blue light surrounding her. When it dissipated, a green fox was in her place, running circles around Barga. Confused, he didn't see her running at him from behind, knocking him off his feet and stealing the ball.