Days of Worries

When they had to get to class, she spent her time wandering around town, much like the days she waited for her friend back when they were still working for Fifth Sector. She stopped by a certain ramen store her cousin's friend ran for lunch, but the rest of her day was aimless. That afternoon, when she got back, she found them back at practice.

Those that left had not returned.

Kurama shot her a look. "Are you seriously that bored without Tsurugi around?"

"I got too used to hanging around him all the time..." She replied, hanging her head low. "Staying over at his house for this long ended up backfiring on me..."

"It doesn't look like they'll be coming back today." Amagi said, looking at the window. It was already getting dark. "We should head back. Don't want to nearly get locked in again."

"That happened?"

"A lot of things happen when you guys aren't around." Kurumada laughed.

"We can tell you all about it tomorrow if you want." Hamano offered.

"Sure! Sounds interesting." She then turned to the only first-year. "And Hikaru, you promised to tell me about your game with Ancient Dark."

"Oh right! Sure, I'll tell you tomorrow too!" The boy smiled.

"Everyone, let's go and change." Sangoku called from the tunnel leading to the changing rooms. "We shouldn't keep a girl waiting."

Kimiko blinked and pointed to herself. "Me?"

"You didn't think we'll make you walk home by yourself at this hour, did you?"

"Eh? But it's not far... I can handle myself."

"We know, but still, this is the least we can do to make sure the others won't worry."

"Huh?"

"The managers made us swear to keep an eye on you." Kurama stated bluntly.

She sweatdropped. "Even when they're millions of years in the past, they still haunt me..."

"After everything they told us, I personally don't want to leave you on your own either." Sangoku admitted. "You're far too reckless."

"Sangoku-san really is like a mom..."

"Hm?"

"Nothing." She sighed. "Alright..."

It only took them ten minutes. Afterwards, the five of them accompanied her to her friend's house. They were greeted by his father, who offered to have them for dinner, but they politely refused him, each of them needing to get home for their own reasons.

Though in reality, you just don't want to get on Kyou's bad side by coming uninvited. Even so, she bowed in thanks and waved as they left.

"So Kyousuke's off on another trip?" His mother asked, earning a nod.

"I'm glad you decided to listen and stay to rest." Yuuichi said, smiling wide.

"No one gave me a choice..."

"It is for your own good." He chuckled. "Think of it this way. You can keep me company and tell me all about everything."

A small smile made its way to her lips. "That's true. I'll spill all the details Kyou might've left out!"

"Looking forward to it!"

"Don't stay up too late though." His father reminded. "You both still need proper rest."

"Okay!"

~~~~~

"Is something wrong? You've been staring for a while."